Karanleaf's SS Journal "Life Building on the Gravy Ranch"

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
OK,, :caf I will start with the first 30 of the Monster list and try to continue it with each posts till I complete it. ;)

01. Name ; Karan
02. Gender: Female
03. Disneyworld or Disneyland: Have not been to either :idunno Oh well
04. What is your favorite color? Green :ya
05. What is your favorite kind of gum? Don't chew gum :sick
06. How much do you weigh? tooo much :barnie
07. How tall are you? 5' 2 3/4 just a short one
08. Can you swim? yes
09. Do you like to swim? yes
10. Living arrangement? Married
11. What's on your mouse pad? No Mouse pad
12. Favorite board game?
13. Favorite magazine? Mother Earth News
14. Favorite Actor? Tom Seleck
15. Favorite Actress? Sandra Bullock
16. Do you have an accent? Not that I'm aware of :duc
17. Favorite smells? fresh dirt, horse, fresh fruit, Fresh Baking Bread
18. Least favorite smells? Skunk
19. Favorite sound? Morning Dove
20. Do you prefer pools or oceans? Never been in the ocean
21. Do you watch Buffy The Vampire Slayer? use too
22. Pencil or pen? pen
23. Who's better - boys or girls? Equal
24. Would you like to own a motorcycle? Not any longer
25. Do you sing in the shower? No
26. Who's the best looking Disney character? Tramp
27. What is the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? Coffee
28. How many rings before you answer the phone? 2 to 3
29. How do you want to die?Peace fully Either in the garden, on / a horse , at home in my favorite chair.
30. Have you ever called a 900 number? NO WAY

:th Now that is over with :old I will begin

DH and I met at a Mother Earth News Chapter Meeting in 1982. I organized it. It was love at first sight for both of us. :love
We have been together ever since. This Feb 14th will be our 25th wedding anniversary.

We live in the very North Central edge of Missouri we are 6 miles south of the Iowa state line. We did live in Kansas City for 9 years then moved back home again. City living just wasn't us. We have been on this property for 17 years. Both our Families are here, So this is and always will be home.

We have 2 sons 36 years and 30 years old. Our oldest lives in Germany, he was in the Army but now just lives and works there. He has a wife and daughter there. His oldest son, is here, Alex will graduate from High School next year. Our Youngest lives in Jefferson City Missouri so we do get to see him once in a while.

We live on 1 1/2 acre with an 8 acre pasture for our 6 horses and 2 ponds for our ducks. We have about 41 chickens, 3 dogs and 3 frogs. We have built a Greenhouse that we have opened this spring to sell bedding plants to the public. I am in hopes I can retire in 2-3 years and work the greenhouse full time. :fl We are in the stage of clearing and moving coops, runs and sheds to make way to start our foundation for our Straw Bale Home :celebrate :celebrate Our barn was the 1st building built on this property and it is solar powered. Dh is working on his wind generator to get the tower finished Hopefully it will be up and running this fall :fl :woot

Next post I will put up some photos of the Greenhouse of which Dh designed and built from the ground up :clap :clap

For now I say good night to all

:frow Karan :D

jfarms

Power Conserver
Reaction score
:welcome There are so many nice people here and i cant wait to read more. :ya glad to see u join the family here..

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nice to read about your life! Is this 100 questions thing like an initiation or something?

The ocean is a pretty cool place to swim, except for the sharks :ep!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Lovechooks said:
Nice to read about your life! Is this 100 questions thing like an initiation or something?
Kinda ..... Just a good starting place for a journal.

Karen - So glad you started a your journal. Great story on how you and your DH met. Sounds like you are both on the same page about how you want to live. So many of us are not that lucky.

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I agree, what a wonderful story about how you met your DH. :)

I hope you post progress reports on your straw bale home. That is really cool and I am excited for you! :D I also really hope you manage to make a living with the greenhouse. That is something I hope to do in the long run too. It looks like you are well on your way! I wish you continued success!

karanleaf

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks all :) I had been thinking of getting the journal started then just decided to jump in and go. I figured after I read Nifty's Sticky that I would start with his Monster List :lol: I think this Journal is great idea this way it the record I have of my life time events to share. :caf

Boy I sure wish to go swim in the ocean someday. Maybe sometime.

I will be updating when I get home. :D

:frow Karan :D

Okiemommy

Supermom
Reaction score
Karan!!!! :weee :weee :weee :weee

I didn't know you were on here!!!!

well....I haven't been on here in forever so that might have a lot to do with it lol.

YAY!!!!! Karan the green thumb extraordinaire is here!!!!! :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee

Latest posts