keljonma's Front Porch - Settling in and adjusting

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
keljonma said:
We had an ice storm in February one year in Houston. It completely shut the area down. And I wont even talk about Hurricanes and Tropical Storms! One of my friends and her husband were standing on their kitchen counter tops shooting water moccasins in their kitchen! We were lucky that we never had flood damage in our house.

I used to tell people in Texas - At least when I shut the door in Ohio, the blizzard stays outside! :gig
Woah - I would not stand on my kitchen counter and shoot water moccasins but one time and then I would move to Ohio too. LOL

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
We got about the same amount of snow as you. I am so ready for a February thaw.

My 18 month Golden Retriever, Lexie, became a huntress today. I take her out loose with me to check the chickens every morning.
Today she took off into the woods, ignored me, and caught a squirrel. With all the snow cover it must have been getting hungry and looking around the coop. Lexie caught and dropped it, then caught it again. Meanwhile I'm running and yelling. The squirrel must have bit her because she yelped and dropped it again. It climbed up a tree and she ran to me to fix it or tell me about it.
I have mixed feelings about all of it. She didn't listen to me, but usually does and getting better about that. She is going to be a heck of a great dog. I am totally vegetarian, yet I felt kinda proud of her. As I said, conflicted.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey Kel, thanks for the emails! I love the one in Ballard...30 acres...man what would I do with that!!! I don't know but I'd love to think about it! :D

You are so sweet to think of me...bless your heart! You have snow and we have ice...ugh. I'd much rather have snow than ice any day.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hi keljonma, good to hear your dh is back to work! Schools were closed again down here.

tfpets

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Its good everyone continues with their lives and makes the most of things, you are solid people!

Funny thing about how the weather there, you guys just go on about the days, and probably only shut down if its critically unsafe....Here, if there's even a THREAT of snow in the valley, it becomes paralyzed! They send the County Employees that live in the Foothills home, to avoid them being stuck in town, and shut down the schools and everything!

Yup, you guys are amazing!

Tina