kind of recycling -latest sewing project

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I recently bought my son a pack of new undershirts. I brought them home and washed them, then realized they were the same size as his old undershirts -too small! Thankfully, I have 2 nephews who are smaller than ds, but instead of just passing down plain white T's, I raided my sewing cupboard and made them cute. Now they can be gifts instead of just hand-me-downs.

front:
P1000094-1.jpg

back:
P1000096-1.jpg

I'm going to make 2 more today, so fun!

And here they are -quick and easy.

fronts:
P1000101-1.jpg

backs:
P1000103-1.jpg

close up: weiner dog running
P1000104-1.jpg

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
:D Very cute!!

I've been saving old kids clothing for a while, I want to make a little lap quilt or a little pillow or something out of it all. The denim/jeans are in the process of being sewn into a rag quilt, but some are so small its hard to get a nice piece off it... so I left the pockets intact on some of the squares, I figured that'll be cute to add a little stuffed animal or something in the pocket! :lol:

(the denim/jean one is for my son. My daughter will get one made of her dresses and t-shirts etc.)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok those are just too cute The big question is..... did you free hand draw the appliques?? If so I am very impressed.

:thumbsup

gina

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks, everyone! I gave them to my nephews today and they were a hit! The boys -ages 3 and 4- immediately ripped off the shirts they were wearing and put these on. The train and the shark were the first picks.

Gina, yes I did free-hand the figures. I am an artist, but it would be just as easy for a non-drawer to print out clip art or online images to get the silhouette.