Kinder Goats

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Anybody keeping kinders? I am really interested in getting goats this spring and have been doing some research. I am assuming that because they are nubian x pygmy that they would do well in a warm desert climate. I also like that while they may weigh about the same as a nubian, they are not as large in stature and are a good dual purpose goat. I have also read that their milk has a high butterfat content, sometimes having higher than 7 percent butterfat; it also has higher amounts of milk solids, yielding larger amounts of cheese.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That was actually one of my first choices when research the breeds I wanted. :) We don't have any Kinders around here, so I went with Nubians. Since you live in Cali though..it'd be much easier for you to get Kinders since they originate from there.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Actually, I was just looking for breeders and the closest one has closed shop. I also have been scouring craigslist and kijiji and the only ads were for people looking for kinders. I may just get a nubian doe and a pygmy buck and start my own line!! :lol: Now that I think about, I believe a neighbor down the road has registered pygmies. Hmmm

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
Actually, I was just looking for breeders and the closest one has closed shop. I also have been scouring craigslist and kijiji and the only ads were for people looking for kinders. I may just get a nubian doe and a pygmy buck and start my own line!! :lol: Now that I think about, I believe a neighbor down the road has registered pygmies. Hmmm
That's work too. I think they sometimes call them Mini Nubians too. I think that may be a Nigi over Nubian though..pretty much the same result though. :hu Either way the key is to get the smaller buck with a Nubian doe for both the Mini Nubian and the Kinder.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
CheerioLounge said:
That's work too. I think they sometimes call them Mini Nubians too. I think that may be a Nigi over Nubian though..pretty much the same result though. :hu Either way the key is to get the smaller buck with a Nubian doe for both the Mini Nubian and the Kinder.
Do you mean it's work breeding? I've got plenty of time on my hands and I want to be busy!! I want some work to do! Bring it!!

As far as the cross goes, I have read different things. I thought it was nigerian dwarf over nubian not pygmy over nubian. I know both the nubian and the nigerian would be able to handle this climate. That's what first piqued my interest in the kinder.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
Wannabefree said:
CheerioLounge said:
Do you mean it's work breeding? I've got plenty of time on my hands and I want to be busy!! I want some work to do! Bring it!!

As far as the cross goes, I have read different things. I thought it was nigerian dwarf over nubian not pygmy over nubian. I know both the nubian and the nigerian would be able to handle this climate. That's what first piqued my interest in the kinder.
I have no clue what I meant lol! My keyboard is trippy today..I think I meant "That'd work too" instead of "That's" but my buttons aren't all working properly. I have to delete and go back sometimes. stupid laptop is about to fry. I like to have NEVER got to post that in the first place! Then again the s and d are close enough it could just be a typo and should've been a "d" :lol: Sorry for the confusion! I confused myself!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Since I had never heard of kinder goats, I was thinking he was looking for goats that weren't mean! :lol:

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Since I had never heard of kinder goats, I was thinking he was looking for goats that weren't mean! :lol:
:lol: I was too

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
kinders are supposed to be great little goats, you wont get as much milk from them as you would a pure nubian or a mini nubian (nubian x nigerian) butter fat content of the kinder and the mini nubian are about the same (nigerian and pygmy are 2 branches of what was the same breed not all that long ago)

you alos wont get as much meat as you would a nubian x boer cross, but if space is a premium and your looking for a good dual purpose a kinder could do you perfectly.
and absolutly if you cant find any you could "make your own" it takes multiple generations to get a true kinder...but theres nothing stopping you mixing and mathcing whatever you want to make youre own "perfect" breed...

Latest posts