Kitchen Island

Oberhaslikid

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Found this old desk at the second hand store.Recyling into DIL a kitchen island. A new paint job ,new hardware,and Still needs Castors.
1581_100_1702.jpg

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Very cool, and I love the handles as they are :)

Be sure to post an "after" photo!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Great idea. I see a little spring rod and curtain over the knee hole. Maybe some butcher block on top?

Be sure to post a finished picture.

g

elijahboy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
it would look good with the butcher block. make the butcher top wider so that you can put barstools on the opposite side of the drawers. that kneehole would be a perfect spot for a trashcan

Oberhaslikid

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing about the trash can . She uses a plastic shopping bag for her trash . Drives me nuts.
I hung a towel holder on one end so she would get some kitchen towels. Iam a kitchen towel nut. she has none. I have 3-4 when Iam cooking.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Cool beans! I don't want an island, don't really have the room in this kitchen, BUT they are so handy at times!
I was half way planning on a narrow one set up like yours, also on casters that lock. I'm trying to figure out if I have room in the dining room to roll it out of the way when it's not needed.

I love the hardware. And she doesn't have kitchen towels? Does she use paper towel instead? Huh....

I too, use the plastic grocery bags for trash can liners (waste basket liners). Took me a while before I got our trash down to the point that I could get by with something that small in the kitchen.

Anyway, great job!