Kodak PIXPRO AZ528

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Both pictures of random stars are very grainy. If I increase the brightens of the pictures with my cell phone photo app they look even worse, so I posted the original photos of how the cell phone took them. I think it's cool you can get a picture at all, no matter how grainy with a cell phone and the cheap cell phone telescope off ebay.

I have to say it's very hard to keep the cell phone with the telescope attached absolutely still in the pitch black in order to get a picture. Even with the tripod attached, It requires massive amounts of determination and patience. The slightest movement and the star is gone off the little screen and it's next to impossible to get it back on the little screen. I look for the brightest ones and try to get fixed on them, then zoom in super slow until it looks good then snap the picture. Trust me there are many many many failed attempts but I got two pictures tonight. I must have been overly determined or the stars aligned and no freight train went through. I found out, you might as well forget about even trying with the ground rumbling, it's pretty frustrating.

A person could easily let their mind run wild with these two pictures. I would advise against that... These were taken with a cheap cell phone telescope and by an amateur (me) after all.

I still haven't taken my big telescope out of the box yet, let alone assembled it. When I do, you all might be in for massive amounts of photos.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In case your wondering...
I obviously can not post a decent message. While editing to fix font issues, 1/2 my post disappeared and I'm not going to re-type it. So I just deleted the entire post.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In case your wondering...
I obviously can not post a decent message. While editing to fix font issues, 1/2 my post disappeared and I'm not going to re-type it. So I just deleted the entire post.
I'll try this again, sigh... I'm sure I fat fingered something... Big thumbs, small phone. I'm constantly having to edit to correct auto correct on this phone.

I don't know if you all have noticed the red sun at sunset the last 3 evenings or not. But it's not limited to my area in southern IL. I've seen pictures that look just like this from all over the country and some other parts of the world, the last few days. I don't ever recall seeing the sun looking anything like this before. Some say smoke causes this but we have no fires anywhere close that I'm aware of.

I like to take sunset pictures, so I'm always on the lookout for a good sunset to snap pictures of. Here's a few pictures of the sunset in auto mode from yesterday evening (12 Aug 2021).

Thinking my eyes might be playing tricks one me. I asked my wife, is it just me or is the sun red? She said it's most definitely red. I asked her, have you ever seen the sun red like this before? She said no. I then said did you break the sun? She said she did not break it. So now all I can say, if you broke the sun, please fix it. Please make sunsets truly amazing spectacular wonderful awesome beautiful again - thanks!

No zoom auto mode no filters
101_0012~2.jpg

Partial zoom auto mode no filters
101_0010.jpg

Full 52x zoom auto mode no filters
101_0006.jpg

Seriously... What is causing the sun to turn red when setting low in the horizon like this? Does anyone know? Any hints? Smoke? I much prefer the orange fat ole sun that produces breath taking sunsets, over this red ball any day.

Be on the look out this evening, post pictures if you can... I hope the sun goes back to normal soon.

jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
The sunset haze is from the western fires. Nothing is wrong with the sun.

This map is about two weeks old.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The sunset haze is from the western fires. Nothing is wrong with the sun.

This map is about two weeks old.

Awesome thank you! Must be some big fire then.

I snapped a couple pics of the sunset this evening, it seems like it back to it's ole self and making beautiful sunsets again :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm so glad to see fat ole sun back in all it's glory 👍 That must have been some huge fires out west, to turn the sun into a red ball like that. But it looks like the smoke has cleared and we are back to amazingly wonderful spectacular beautiful sunsets again :)

Here's a few cell phone pictures from this evening (17 Sep 2021)

Clear skies, a few clouds sunset
Screenshot_20210917-201504~2.png

Clear skies, late evening sunset. Sky's so clear you can clearly see venus in the west/southwest.
Screenshot_20210917-201444~2.png