Ladies- question about BC

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
Welllllllll, Aunt Flo has paid me a visit. So things are getting back to normal. Thanks for the infor guys. I just wish she's didn't show up 5 DAYS BEFORE MY WEDDING!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Oh no! lol Terrible timing. Except 4 days before would be worse. I hope it's a short one!

I'm sorry for finding humor in this, but :gig

:hugs

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
It is kinda funny in a twisted kinda way. Better now than day of. :rolleyes: The most emotional time of the month on the most emotional week of my life (so far).

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey, I got mine smack dab in the middle of our honeymoon....talk about a mood killer... :lol:

I have been off the pill now for 4-5 months and I am hoping my drive returns too. Probably the best thing I ever did. We're done though, hubby is getting snipped.

ChickenToes

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
urban dreamer said:
Welllllllll, Aunt Flo has paid me a visit. So things are getting back to normal. Thanks for the infor guys. I just wish she's didn't show up 5 DAYS BEFORE MY WEDDING!
Oh, I feel your pain! Aunt Flo paid me a visit the morning of my sister's wedding years ago, I was a bridesmaid. So not fun.

I'm going on a road trip very soon, and if my calculations are correct, Aunt Flo will pay me a visit on the drive home. Lovely!

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
urban dreamer said:
HA don't feel bad, Aunt flo showed up AT my wedding! :somad

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
I am glad it was 5 days before and not the day of! I also forgot how much I hate cramps. This is the first natural flow I have had in three years. Getting off these chemicals will be better for me in the long run I know (I already feel 10x better). This also gives me a chance to use my new cloth pads. I love them! So comfy and more absorbant than anything I have ever bought. I rinsed one last night (hand washed) and it was not as bad as I though it would be. I am going to knit or sew a little draw string baggy to put them in so I can sneak them in the laundry without giving DF a heart attack.

kristenm1975

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I went on depo right after giving birth to my daughter at 17, as I was quite certain I didn't want TWO kids as a teenager. I was on it for about 4 years and when I went off it, it took a full year for my periods to come back. Don't know if that's normal, but that's what happened with me.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was on the pill many years ago, and once I went off, I NEVER went back on. I don't know if that's what messed me up so badly or what. But, I stopped getting my period. Hadn't had one in months, had all kinds of pain, was constantly going to the dr. He'd have me take a pregnancy test, then try a different medication to try and jump start my system. I had no desire to be intimate because IT HURT!!!!!!! Then, in April of '85, I had a test come back positive! :th We had no idea when the baby was born, so had to do an ultra sound to get a due date. Plus, there was a chance that the baby would be born w/health problems. 11/20/85, I gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

Then, when I wanted to add to my family, I could not get pregnant. When my son was 5, he asked why he didn't have a little sister. I told him because God didn't give you one. He told me, well I want one. I told him to pray. Next thing I knew, I was pregnant. A few years after that, I had to have a hysterectomy-though they left my ovaries so I wouldn't be thrown into menopause.

I cannot say that all of my problems were due to the pill, but I have really wondered.