laminate floor

canesisters

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A friend wanted to replace her laminate flooring with the new vinyl plank product. I've been hating the nasty carpet in my den for years.
She called and asked if I wanted to come get it...
t2712[1].gif

before.jpg nasty carpet

after.jpg new and shiny

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wow! Some difference that made to the room! It looks fantastic :)

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have laminate in our livingroom, dining area, and master bedroom. Only 2 carpets left in the house, and when they go, they will be replaced with either laminate, or something similar. Carpet may be warmer on the feet in the winter, but that's what slippers are made for!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Looks great!
We put in all hard surface floors. We do have some carpet runners and a 9x12 in the living room. I miss the feel of carpet. But I don't miss the dirt that I knew was still there after I vacuumed.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I also hate having to switch heads on my vacuum to switch from hard floor to carpet. I would rather have hard floors throughout, like the Shakers did.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Except for the bedroom, I have all laminate downstairs. Looks like wood floors. It is so much cooler in summer...but, I do put a 9X12 in lvgroom. Hey, it can be tossed every yr or two. Bought at discount, not expensive. It does keep heat in better for winter when I have the temps turned down.

Cleans easily if you spill something in the kitchen and it wears WAY better than tile or linoleum goods. In fact, mine is approaching 20 yrs and I'm getting a touch tired of it. LOL. With carpet you change it every few years. Not showing wear though, so it stays.

There isn't much that stays "clean" on a farm! :idunno

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nicely done!!
We have carpet in only one room of the house, the family room. It is old, icky and nasty, but until our throw-up cat is gone, the carpet will stay. At 19 years old going on 20, he may not be with us for much longer...
the rest of the house has original(?) hardwood floors. If not original, then just very old because the company that made the flooring has been out of business for over 50 years.