Laws are changing that will affect everything SS! *UPDATE*

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I found this post in BYC in the hobbies section today and everyone that shops at thrift stores or buys anything used for their children needs to know about this. If anyone is a crafter out there and you make things like quilts, jewelry, or clothing for children to sell then this will put you out of business!

Go to this blog to read more about it and go to the hobbies section of BYC to read the entire post.

http://weblog.xanga.com/GloryQuilts/688 gry.html##

opiemaster

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I tried to pull up your site there and it wont pull it up. I went to BYC and couldnt find it . Can you give more info on it on BYC?
Thanks

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
All I can say to all this is :th :he

Every entry port into the US should have this banner hanging in plain site.

"Welcome to America where millions of tax dollars are wasted every second of every day". Or how about "We are your tired, your poor and your hungry, Welcome and hope you brought food, clothing and a strong back".

During the worst economic downturn (heaven forbid I say depression) in decades OUR government in its effort to protect us from ourselves go and make it worse.

As my DH said after seeing all the news and comments on this:
Said with total frustration "Its almost 2012 - so thats as long as we will have to deal with any of this.
(He has been watching the History channel again).

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I know, Wanda. The stupidity is almost enough to send a person into a coma.

:he indeed!!

I guess it won't hurt our children to go back to wearing potato sacks and playing with rocks and sticks (and reading stone tablets, I guess?) **sigh**

How are we consumers supposed to PAY for these items that cost so much to get certified?

FRIKIN MORONS!! :barnie

Cassandra

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I had a thought on the way to work. (I know - there I go thinking again).

Our entire economy has been based on consumerism. When a nation of consumers stops consuming what happens?
We are seeing first hand what happens. Things fall apart. People lose jobs, business close, etc.

By passing this law they have forced us to become consumers of new goods. How else were they going to get us to trash perfectly good items and go out and purchase more?

They eased this passed us just like NAIS tried to ease by us. I will not be surprised to see more of this type of thing. They must force us to purchase NEW goods.

Anyway, just one of those rare thoughts that occasionally passes through this warped brain of mine.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Is there a "I GIVE UP" smiley?
Cause I do.

OkieJonesClan

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It is all frustrating, but just so you know, you aren't alone. Not just in this country but everywhere. I have lived outside the US and my brother currently lives out side of the US. If you ever think things are bad here, go online and read the papers from another country, expecially another continent. I like to read the papers in the UK. It will help you to remember that as crazy as things are, every generation before us and all that follow will complain about the taxes, government, social security (which was never meant to replace your income or support you when you are older . . it was to get people out of the workforce to create jobs for the young ones with strong backs and good health to stimulate the economy . . . ) ;)
And all the generations in other countries have the same gripes and complaints. I think it is just a fact of life. Here in the US, we do have many freedoms and fewer restrictions than in most of the other countries including the "developed" nations.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I saw this thread over at BYC as well...and I was thinking...how is this going to effect orginizations like....Good Will.....or Red cross?? Hmmmmmmm, makes a mind wonder.....if this is just another " scare tactic" from Big Brother?

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I just couldn't believe this...I told my husband and he just shook his head. What's going to happen to all of the people that depend on those stores to clothe their children or to sell their used items to so that they can make a few extra dollars? What the heck has happened to our society that people cannot see that this kind of thing is just wrong! The thing that ticks me off is that nobody knows about it.

I mentioned it while Granny was here and she said that her local Goodwill already had a sign up saying that they had to get rid of their toys and that they couldn't accept any donations of toys until they knew for sure if this law was going through.

They can't stop me from having a yard sale da**it!