Learn something new everyday, turns out I have an allergy!

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
For as long as I can remember my lips and ear canal would tingle after eating certain fruits, especially cherries ad peaches.

So finally I just googled it and it turns out it is "oral allergy syndrome" what an original name right?

I always just thought it may have been some reaction to a residue on the fruit.

...Is this going to stop me from eating them? NO! I will have my peaches and cherries, thank you very much.

Just a wee bit bored and thought I'd share just in case any of my fellow friends always wondered the same thing but didn't take the time to check it out. The fact I just had a bowl of cherries may have had something to do with it..

:rolleyes: :lol:

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Your ear lobes or the ineer part where the Q tip (shouldn't ) go? Every now and again, the insides of my ears get itchy. never thought about linking it to food. Hmmm.....

Wolf-Kim

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It's inside the ear, where you would put a Q-tip. :)

It's not just a reaction to food, when they itch it's an allergic reaction. :) I know that when my allergies to cats act up sometimes instead of a respiratory reaction it makes my ears itch.

Just never thought I'd be allergic to fresh fruit. :/

I don't like most cooked or processed fruit, so it's a little bit of a bummer to find it's actually an allergy. Although good news it's not such a reaction to stop me from eating fruit.

Cherries and peaches are some of my most favorite fruit. I am thankful that it doesn't happen with strawberries! :D