Liberty overall's help please

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Liberty overalls have changed their strap design and now has a bent piece of junk slide adjustment on them and the dang things keep sliding down which to me is more frustrating that pants falling down. Is there a way to fix this problem short of sewing them in place or pinning them in place? Has anyone bent the slide to solve the problem? I really dont want them pinned or sewn because i adjust them as the day goes on, fresh out of the closet they are a little stiff and need letting out some and as they loosen up they are taken back up. Also do yall know of any overalls made in the USA? The Libertys im wearing are made in the USSR.

prairiegirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this. Happens to us all the time. We get to liking something and they change it on us.

I don't think I would bend the slide adjuster. I've had them bend and then they fall out. I was going to suggest sewing them in place, but you don't want that. What about sewing some velcro onto the strap and that would allow for adjustment. If you wear and keep things as long as we do, I'm not sure how well the velcro would hold up.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like the velcro idea :)

If you or someone you know is handy with a needle & thread, you can replace them. The notions department of a fabric store will often have heavy duty sliders you can buy.
Just take out the seam where the strap attaches to the slider and remove it.
Then thread the strap through the new buckle & sew the strap back where it was.

Make sure to get the appropriate width buckle.

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i appreciate the input, i took time out to do some research and found out that Liberty overalls are made in china (with a little c) so they are off the menu from now on. the liberty company was bought by Walls so anyone using walls products they are made in china as well. Round House, Pointer and some Carhartt are still made in the land of the free. Go USA!!!!