Lip Gloss

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I decided to make my nieces something beside the chapstick for fun. Went searching and found many recipes that were similar to each other but were just oils and didn't leave any shine on lips when tested. Vegetable glycerin fixes that issue.

This one works pretty well. Glass roll on bottles are easy to find off Amazon. They can be refilled.

3 T sweet almond oil

1.5 T liquid vegetable glycerin

contents of one vitamin E gel cap

1/4 tsp pure lanolin

2-3 drops candy oil or food grade essential oil

2-3 drops of non-alcohol stevia extract

Mix well and use a dropper to fill roll on bottles. Shaking before use is suggested.

Remember that you have to be cautious with essential oils you ingest. Many on the market are aromatherapy types and are artificially scented things. They also can be toxic. Stick with a well known commercial brand with a good reputation, not an MLM brand with dodgy products. I prefer the candy oils for ingested products like anything used on the lips.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I didn't try. Anything that can color oil will work so maybe gel food coloring? Just a bit on a toothpick and stir in the almond oil first.

Hubby isn't happy with the strawberry flavor oil because artificial strawberry sucks.

He liked the tangerine. I should have stuck with the bubblegum I wanted to use and Mom talked me out of. He agreed with that. So I may make up some more.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I didn't try. Anything that can color oil will work so maybe gel food coloring? Just a bit on a toothpick and stir in the almond oil first.

Hubby isn't happy with the strawberry flavor oil because artificial strawberry sucks.

He liked the tangerine. I should have stuck with the bubblegum I wanted to use and Mom talked me out of. He agreed with that. So I may make up some more.

I don't like lip gloss at all, so my wife never uses it. It gets in my stash and is difficult to remove.

Last edited:

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I use hubby as a guinea pig for everything.

I prefer chapstick myself, as does hubby. Little girls like gloss though. I have flavor requests for my next trip down.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Without glycerin they don't feel smooth. It helps everything stick in place as well.

I still prefer the chapstick, but I was correct that my nieces love it.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_2019-07-03-19-40-21.png
I guess she like your lip gloss also.