Lip Gloss

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Is glycerin a better buy online or in a regular store? Might just need to make some for the the younger ones this year ;)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i don't use lip gloss, but for times when i think i may need some protection i use vaseline with some vanilla mixed in it. everything else i've tried reacts with my lips so to find something simple and cheap to make like this was great.

i don't often need it so a small batch which i pack into previously used Carmex bottles will last me quite a long time (3-5yrs).

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks for the lip gloss recipe! I tried making lip balms once, using beeswax, peppermint extracts, and coconut oil! It was fun and made my lips plump!

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Is glycerin a better buy online or in a regular store? Might just need to make some for the the younger ones this year ;)
The New generation is very very innovative especially about what they put in them, lipsticks, lipgloss, makeup, they have alternative ways to have them. amazing.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I decided to make my nieces something beside the chapstick for fun. Went searching and found many recipes that were similar to each other but were just oils and didn't leave any shine on lips when tested. Vegetable glycerin fixes that issue.

This one works pretty well. Glass roll on bottles are easy to find off Amazon. They can be refilled.

3 T sweet almond oil

1.5 T liquid vegetable glycerin

contents of one vitamin E gel cap

1/4 tsp pure lanolin

2-3 drops candy oil or food grade essential oil

2-3 drops of non-alcohol stevia extract

Mix well and use a dropper to fill roll on bottles. Shaking before use is suggested.

Remember that you have to be cautious with essential oils you ingest. Many on the market are aromatherapy types and are artificially scented things. They also can be toxic. Stick with a well known commercial brand with a good reputation, not an MLM brand with dodgy products. I prefer the candy oils for ingested products like anything used on the lips.
1 teaspoon coconut oil. 1 teaspoon pure almond oil. 1 teaspoon cocoa butter. 3-4 drops pure vitamin E oil. 1-2 drops pure peppermint extract. 3-4 semi-sweet chocolate chips. you can try this too.

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I decided to make my nieces something beside the chapstick for fun. Went searching and found many recipes that were similar to each other but were just oils and didn't leave any shine on lips when tested. Vegetable glycerin fixes that issue.

This one works pretty well. Glass roll on bottles are easy to find off Amazon. They can be refilled.

3 T sweet almond oil

1/4 tsp pure lanolin

Mix well and use a dropper to fill roll on bottles. Shaking before use is suggested.

Remember that you have to be cautious with essential oils you ingest. Many on the market are aromatherapy types and are artificially scented things. They also can be toxic. Stick with a well known commercial brand with a good reputation, not an MLM brand with dodgy products. I prefer the candy oils for ingested products like anything used on the lips.
for some unknown reasons, I can't find any non-alcohol stevia extract, In markets here in the Philippines. I wonder whats the best alternative?

YourRabbitGirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

3 T sweet almond oil

1/4 tsp pure lanolin

ONEY-LIP SCRUB. Blend with two teaspoons of sugar and one tablespoon of honey. Massage the mixture in your hands, then leave for about 10 minutes.
LIP BALM Or TOOTHBRUSH LIP SCRUB. Fill your lips with a thick coat of your favorite lip balm.