Little Creatures

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our little or not so little bird input has decreased greatly after the "thaw" of melting snow.
I have also been putting a little scratch out for the lower ranked roo so he can eat after being run out.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I took the pooch to town for his annual vet check. On my way home, I couldn't figure out what was on the road in front of our house.

Wild Turkeys!! I have no clue how many there are in that flock ... I think I see 37 heads
Wild Turkeys.jpg

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
There were no acorns or black walnuts here last year. I'm assuming it's because of the drought. I had some acorns from white oak trees stored in my freezer for around six years. Since the snow is starting to melt here, I am now able to walk through it without it going into my boots, so I walked to where I could put the acorns out for the wildlife. The acorns have an aroma of a freezer, so I'll be interested to see if the animals still eat them.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have groups of turkey like that here. Not unusual to see 20-30 at a time. Fortunately we have had no snow beyond a one shot light hit...gone in 24 hours. But I still have plenty of birds feeding...scratch, horse and goat droppings. Knowing how many are out there, makes me wonder why Mr Fox prefers my hens! :( :mad:

Have had a couple bright cardinals flitting around this past week. Beautiful red! Lovely to see.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
cardinals have been out here the past few weeks now that the days are starting to get longer and the weather a bit more sunshine and warmer. they're loud enough i can hear them through the walls and the windows.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The birds are still less active but the squirells are waiting for the coop door to open now. Had one sitting on top of the swinging layer pellet feeder just having a buffet.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
today Mom said she had a raccoon looking at her through the patio door while she was working at her quilting. i didn't get to see it, but i believe her. the middle of the day is a strange time for one to be out but perhaps it just wanted to catch some rays after the cold of last night.