livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I hate that I can't sleep when I know I have to get up early!

I have a long list of to dos today.
I have to finish fixing the rabbit cages
I don't think I posted anything about the neighbors dogs that came down and raided my rabbits. Killed over half and tore up a bunch of cages. The owners said what? Not my dogs. I didn't see them but I know which dogs did it! ( and I NO longer kennel up my catahoulas, people who know me know if I am not here or if it is just me home don't get out of your car. And anyone who doesn't know that... well then you shouldn't be here! 2 days later another neighbor shot them cause they were killing pigglets! Killed 7 , 3 more had to be put down and a buch had bite marks. So at least I didn't have to shoot them! So now I get to replace a bunch of my rabbits. I normally only replace the bucks, but I need some new does now.
On a good note...I got all my does that were left bred yesterday!

I need to call the hay guy.
I sold some chicks and he is paying me extra to deliver them about a mile down the road.
So got to do that
Need to go out of town and go to menards, farm and home, a book store, and a few others since I am going that far.
I need to find someone that has some straw thanks to all the rain we have had the past week.

It is supposed to rain again today.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Didn't get much done yesterday! My hubby only gets paid every 2 weeks and his only day off that week is Friday so we have to pack all the bill paying and shopping into that 1 day. And if I need help with any chores that week well.... I am sol.

Went out of town and got most of my shopping done.
Got the baby chicks delivered.
And was given 38- 1 day old light brahma chicks by a friend.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Was just paid a visit by the neighbor down the road. His nanny goat had 2 babies this morning and has mastitis. So he brought me the babies. 1 nanny and 1 billy. The nanny is soooooo tiny! She is 1/3 his size and trys so hard to get up but has spagetti legs. Got some colostrum in them. And he took to a bottle like a duck to water she is being difficult. They thought she was dead when they found her but she is fighting!

I have named her spagetti and hime bandit. I have a billy but I may keep him and make him a wether. I might look into training him to pull a cart.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I hope your little Spaghetti girl survives!!! Sounds like she will be little but cute!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Me too. They are both sucking on a bottle now. She doesn't eat much at a time so every 2 hours I wake her up. The last time I thought she was dead, she was limp and floppy, but the more I rubbed and talked to her she woke up. I hope she was just sleeping and not getting worse.

They are nubian. She is black with brown legs, and stripes on her face, and in her ears, the boy is white with black legs, around his eyes, on his ears, and a stripe down his back.

My other 3 are shades of brown and brown and white. So these will be different.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well we lost our little spagetti girl last night.:(

No matter what I did I just couldn't get her stop shivering. She did good on her bottle till @ 2am and she didn't want to eat so I started syringe feeding her every 1/2 hour. But she just seemed to give up. Her brother didn't want to eat after she passed till just now he ate quite a bit. I have him on the heating pad and a heat lamp. He moved to the other side of the box after if fed him so he must be warm.

I have a sneeky susspition that she had them in the middle of the night and he didn't find them till after lunch. And it was cold that night (42 degrees) talked to him last night and she has a massive case of matitis. She has HUGE udders! So they probly didn't eat till I got them @ 4:30- 5:00pm

Hope we can save the little boy. We have decided that if he makes it he has 2 paths for his life:

1. A very good friend of mine is going to be looking for a replacement billy. And I KNOW if he goes there he will be treated like a king! Her current billy- she got from me 5 years ago and he is a big pet. But she now has 5 of his daughters and 1 grand daughter (he jumped the fence one night and bred his daughter. So they figure it is best to replace him with new blood so they can keep all the does together.)

2. We keep him and wether him and get a harness and maybe a cart. The kids have been looking at the Hoegger supply catalog, picking out the cart and harness.

Such big plans for such a little guy! Lol

First he needs to make it threw the next few days.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks.

Got to love my catahoulas, they have been mothering the babies, and after the little one died they kept liking and nudging her. They would make good mamas but they are going to get fixed in a couple months. Bandit is doing better he is eating good again.

I might make my daughter feed him and I will take a nap...last night was a long one.