Living in the past - Iron Age

hoosier

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You are making me hungry for Yorkshire pud w/gravy and fish and chips w/mushy peas.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
hoosier said:
You are making me hungry for Yorkshire pud w/gravy and fish and chips w/mushy peas.
Yorkshire pudding is on the menu for tomorrow evening; we will be away for awhile, and I have to use up some eggs :lol: I love Yorkshire pudding, and always have it either for my birthday or (a week later) for Christmas. And, the absolutely worst Yorkshire pud I have ever had? It was in York, England. It was dreadful. (But the pub where we had it was quite charming :lol:)
As for fish and chips - no mushy peas for me please, but I'll take an extra shake or two of the malt vinegar :drool

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
There is only one dish that I have had that is English/Welsh and that is laverbread fried in bacon grease and served with bacon, eggs, sliced ripe tomatoes and fried potatoes... used to have that for breakfast in Florida with an EX who is from london. He was not a fan of the laverbread but I have loved all kinds of seaweed since being introduced to sushi years and years ago. I had to try it.. Loved it from the get go.. makes me want to visit Swansea and get it fresh.