Look at the new additions.... little one died :(

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We got these little guys last night. They are so cute!
IMG_6266.jpg

We started out with them in a small pond liner
IMG_6263.jpg

But I thought they needed more room, so we moved them to a larger pond liner. Those freecycle things sure came in handy
IMG_6267.jpg

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
You are going to have so much fun!!! What does your dog think of the little guys? Do you know what kinds you got?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Cute!!
DH told me last night that he'll be doing the TSC shopping for a couple of months now...... :rolleyes:

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Cute!!
DH told me last night that he'll be doing the TSC shopping for a couple of months now...... :rolleyes:
don't shoot me, what's TSC?

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
You are going to have so much fun!!! What does your dog think of the little guys? Do you know what kinds you got?
Well, we have two dogs and at first they kept licking their lips and whining. after about a million "NO, leave the babies alone!" they now just stare. It's funny, our older girl growles at the younger one if she gets too close to the babies. Not sure if she's guarding them or wants them all for herself.

Not sure what they are. I got them at Tractor Supply. The guy there seemed really knowledgeable. He has a 200+ chicken farm out here. He said the lighter ones where probably Buff Orps, 5 of the darker ones are supposed to be Black Wyndots (?), I know I have one that is what we call "fancy feet", pretty sure it's some kind of Cochin. We'll just have to wait and see.

How old do they have to be before I can give them little pieces of veggies?