looking for SS help

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
With my thumb, I don't think extra produce will be a problem. i tried cukes this year, but some turned yellow and the rest the chickens got because I don't have a pen for them up yet and they won't stay where they are supposed to. I am working on that though.
K0xxx-do you think the catfish would do okay in an old chest-type deep freeze over the winter. It rarely gets below about 10 degrees here. I also got a pump for circulating the water since I don't have an aerator.

dancingbear

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
With my thumb, I don't think extra produce will be a problem. i tried cukes this year, but some turned yellow and the rest the chickens got because I don't have a pen for them up yet and they won't stay where they are supposed to. I am working on that though.
K0xxx-do you think the catfish would do okay in an old chest-type deep freeze over the winter. It rarely gets below about 10 degrees here. I also got a pump for circulating the water since I don't have an aerator.
Rebecca, as your soil improves, (and if you add compost and stuff like that, it will) and you get temporary (or permanent, if you prefer) fences up in the spring and summer to keep the chickens out, you'll be amazed at how your yields will skyrocket.

I'm betting that thumb of yours will become greener, with use!