Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well, I peeked....looks like Sweet Pea had 6 and Ginger had either 6 or 7 but hers were much deeper down in the hay and fur so there could be another one hiding down there. I put bigger feeders in there for them and gave them more food. I also pulled some greens and gave them both some turnip to munch on. Sweet Pea seems really nervous so I probably will leave her alone for a few days till she settles down. I just wanted to know how many and check for dead loss. None so far....cross your fingers!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Congrats!

I got stung on the lip a few years ago. And, it swelled quite a bit. I looked like I had a botox injection go bad. So, I told people I had had a beetox injection. Most didn't get it. :rolleyes:

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
That is so funny! I laughed and told my neighbor that I wish the dang thing had stung me right in between my eyes so that it would fill in the wrinkle my children have created when it swelled up. :lol:

Well, yesterday turned out to be quite a productive day.

Morning chores
french toast for breakfast
computer time for me and the kids (took a break from written schoolwork)
dug up huge mound of catnip in the garden and transplanted it to an old washtub with a cracked bottom next to the house
weeded garden boxes
went to grocery store, TSC, and local farm and feed store
transplanted all 3 types of mint into new bigger pots and moved them out of the garden closer to the bees
hooked up new hose I got at TSC with my xmas gift card so I can stop hauling water to the garden boxes (LOVE IT)
gathered up feed bags and old plastic sheeting from the garden and put in the trailer to go to the dump
took out trash and recycling (still need to go to the dump)
checked on buns and gathered fresh greens for them all
weeded some more and cut new row cover to fit the garden fencing we made hoops with on the garden boxes
cut row cover for strawberry beds to cover later when they start setting fruit
picked inchworms off my apple trees...dang things are eating all the leaves
took a dozen duck eggs to my neighbor
ate dinner
bathed the kids
crashed in front of the tv
took 2 benedryl for my face, had sex with hubby, and collapsed :p

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
How are the baby bunnies doing today? Hopefully hanging in there! I hope today was a little more relaxing for you!!!!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Oh lord....bunnies today. Well, where to start....the temps dropped about 30 degrees last night and I went to show a friend the babies (bigger ones) and noticed that Sweet Pea had a brand new baby on the floor of the hutch with it's head stuck through the wire. So, it was barely moving. I had to get it unstuck, stick it in my shirt against my bare skin to warm it for a bit, and then dig down in the burrow to replace it with the other kits down on the very bottom of the pile. I went back an hour or two later and moved the hair off the top of the pile and all of the babies were squealing and wiggling so I just put the fur back and I'm hoping it continues to stay warm and be okay. It was solid pink and all the others are spotted so I know which one it was and it seemed warm and wiggly and fine (loud as hell). Mama seemed a bit distressed but I had to do what I had to do. Hopefully it makes it.

Had a bee meeting tonight and I am postponing making the split from my other hive until the temps are projected to be warmer for at least a week straight at night. Just too cold to go digging around in all the frames. I was gonna do it tomorrow but it is only gonna be in the mid 60s and that is too cold so I'm hoping they are gonna be okay to do it later. Doug said that he could come next Saturday and that the temps should be okay to do it if the weather is alright so I may take him up on it.

I sold 2 1/2 dozen eggs today and made some new friends that are very into our way of thinking and they have a little 4 yr old DD that got along great with my two kids so I think we may try to get together with them again sometime when things settle down. I'm gonna check my email and go read The Hunger Games...night everyone! :)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
quick update...all the baby bunnies are doing great and have their eyes open. Bethoron the goat is due any day now so we are on baby watch...day 148 today.
Made the hive split yesterday...no pics cause hubby was at a side job so I did it all by myself. Everything looks okay so far but we'll see in a few weeks if we have a new queen in the split. Tyler lost a tooth last night when his sister tackled him on the trampoline and knocked a loose one out. Spring break is over so we are back to homeschooling...kids are playing outside now but we have a ton to do today.

Sorry I haven't been on much guys but we've just been really busy!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
"Life" is a good thing to be busy with!!!!!!! I'm glad to see you when you make it here!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Thanks honey!

Well, I checked Bethoron this morning and I can still feel her ligaments but she is looking like to me that she may be having some early contractions. She doesn't have any discharge yet but is standing still and raising her head up in the air and softly meh-eh-eh-eh-ing. She is really poofy around her rear end and her tummy is moving a lot. Her udder is ridiculously full so I am sure she's close...maybe the next day or two will be the day. Today is day 149 so she should be close. I have a doctor's appointment at 8am so I'm sure she'll decide to have it then. :rolleyes:

Rabbits are fantastic! I am going to try to go out and get some pics of all the babies today and post them for you guys. Older babies are weaned and in a grow out pen. I'm gonna probably put some pictures on CL today and put them up for sale. I am really pleased at how this last kindling went. They both have 6 healthy looking kits and they all have their eyes open. I have some interesting colors. Ginger's are black, white, reddish and one that is red on the top with grayish markings on the belly and around the eyes and mouth. If it is a female we may keep her and swap her for one of our junior does that is solid white. I tend to like the colored ones. Sweet Peas are white, white with black spots, and white with red spots. They are just beautiful! I can't wait for you guys to see the pictures of them...

Got Tyler's room cleaned out and filled the trunk with toys to donate to the local child watch at the YMCA and a whole stack of puzzles for the library's children's section. I'll deliver those Thursday.

Garden looks alright. I should have my first strawberries to pick in a couple of days, they are already turning red so I put some row cover on them to keep out the birds. I have some Bok Choy that should be ready to pick in another week or so and some lettuce and baby spinach that can be harvested too. My sugar snap peas have kind of stalled out. Don't know what that's all about.

Today we have a webinar at 3pm with Aurora Lippor about how to make a solar oven. If you homeschool and haven't used her webinars for science lessons you should! They are free and all you have to do is sign up at least 24 hours in advance for the webinars. She usually replays them the next day if you missed it though. During the webinar she takes questions from people via web and phone so it really is pretty good. My kids are 5 and 7 so some of the lessons are a bit too advanced for them but some are pretty good for all ages. If you google Aurora Lippor you should be able to sign up for her emails.

I was going to clean Maddie's room today but tomorrow we are supposed to get rain so I'm thinking i will wait and do it then.

I have a sourdough starter that is ready to go so today I will be baking bread and I'm looking for other recipes for sourdough starters so I may do some other stuff too.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Okay...so here she is today at day 149....for such a little goat her udder is HUGE!

100_8083.jpg

100_8111.jpg

And some of the baby bunnies

Ginger's babies
100_8098.jpg

100_8095.jpg

Sweet Pea's babies
100_8094.jpg

100_8090.jpg

Snowball's older bunnies...6 1/2 weeks old
100_8069.jpg

Mallard babies
100_8071.jpg

Strawberries...we'll be picking some this week!
100_8075.jpg

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thats a nice little tort baby bunny! love the pics. wish my strawberry bed wooked so busy :D