LOVING My kitchen aid mixer!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
My SIL dumpster dived this kitchen aid mixer when they were stationed in Germany. She then went and bought extra attachments for it for me!

Right now, it's mixing up the ingredients for chocolate chip cookies - meanwhile, I'm pulling out the first batch of easy peanut butter cookies, and have a batch of oatmeal cookie dough going in the fridge!

LOVE that I can have more than one cookie dough prepped or being prepped! while the kitchen aid mixer has one dough going, I can hand mix another! this is awesome!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I am on my fourth kitchenaid mixer :/ and the only reason I am on #4 is because of Costco's excellent return policy. I have the 550 Hd model, wheich is supposed to be heavy duty, but the motor/gears have konked out on every mixer I had. I guess they don't expect people to mix english muffin batter in it.

Glad you like yours though :)

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've had my kitchenaid for a year and a half I believe and I LUUURRRRVVEE it. It really saves tons of labor when making bread. My DD loves to bake and gives it a real workout.

I would love to get the pasta attachment and the ravioli attachment and, and, and LOL

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
DW and I have had ours for almost 20 years!!!! Love it, love it. Christmas cookies are a breeze!!!

We had the pasta maker attachment - our version was cheap plastic that didn't hold up. We went with a standalone pasta/noodle maker. The grinder is a great addition, though!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've had mine at least 3 years. I should use it more.

I've looked at the ice cream maker attachment. YUM!

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
well, I'm done with the chocolate chip cookies - 4 dozen cookies cooled, packaged, and ready for sale.

Moving on to Snickerdoodles and making chocolate cookies :D

Peanut Butter cookies baking - but the family called dibs on those so doubt that they make it to sale HAHA

Still, my mixer is getting a work out today! :celebrate

Our7Wonders

Power Conserver
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
I am on my fourth kitchenaid mixer :/ and the only reason I am on #4 is because of Costco's excellent return policy. I have the 550 Hd model, wheich is supposed to be heavy duty, but the motor/gears have konked out on every mixer I had. I guess they don't expect people to mix english muffin batter in it.

I've heard of occasional issues with the KA. So I bought a Bosch universal. I wanted it specifically for making bread. It mixes 6 loaves at a time like it were muffin batter. Love that thing!

It's great the KA is working well for you - what a great find!

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Our7Wonders said:
miss_thenorth said:

I've heard of occasional issues with the KA. So I bought a Bosch universal. I wanted it specifically for making bread. It mixes 6 loaves at a time like it were muffin batter. Love that thing!

It's great the KA is working well for you - what a great find!
I have a Bosch Universal, too. I got it because my KA overheated a couple of times kneading bread dough, and I could only make 2 loaves at a time with the KA. Now I use the Bosch for bread and the KA for everything else.

Quail_Antwerp

Reaction score
I haven't tried making bread with my KA. Just mashed potatoes and cookies so far :lol: