Low Cost Houses?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
In a lot of counties, you can live in an RV, or even a yurt, while you are fixing a place up.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Thanks for that info! My son wants to find a cheap place to live. He wants out of the house he's renting. That might be something he can look into.

xoxocammyxoxo

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Yeah just check with the county. I know in unincorporated pierce county you can live in your rv but you have to pay some fee of like $125 for what I want to call a lot pass. Our rent where we are is high and while I know I can live somewhere else for cheaper, my land lord lets me do whatever as long as the house is taken care of so. I really want my own place though so I really can do whatever I want.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
A couple of months after DH and I split up, we found the house he is now living in. It was repo'd. The original asking price the bank set was 87,000 and it is probably worth that much, but for some reason, no one bought it.
The day I called the realtor, about listings, was the day before they decreased the price down to 50,000 and we made appointments to see several houses. When we saw that particular house, he wanted it, by all means, but the realtor had had an opportunity to speak to me before hand and I think she felt deep in her heart that she wanted to help me, so she talked around him and we went back to my house and signed some papers to make an offer for 45,000, with her telling us that the bank was going to make a counter price.
I can tell you that DH was nuts that night, flipping out for anything and everything, calling me on the phone. Thought he was going to have another heart attack.
Well, the realtor called me that night and promised that she would do whatever she had to do to keep that house held up, so no one would get it, until it came down to a price we could afford, so told DH to calm him down and by next day they came back with the price of 47,000.
It was livable from the beginning and he is very proud of it. So really, he lives in a house that is worth about 40,000 more than we paid for.