Low-flo shower head

chrissum

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Anybody use one? I need to replace one of ours and was looking around for one, on a hose would be preferred. THe best I can find is 1.5 gpm, any suggestions? THanks! Chris in MO......

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We use low flow toilets 1.2 gallon flush and low flow shower heads that are removable from the base. We love them, you cannot tell the difference in performance. If you love a steam shower try one of the 5.00 Navy shower heads that has an "pause button for soaping up" but they do not have a hose. We have found that we only turn on the water at the half way point and that's enough pressure to last at least 45 minutes at a pretty hot shower on a 40 gallon tank. We never run out of water here with them but you need to practice making it work with your family.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
I had an energy-saving home audit last year and they installed a Pollonex shower head on a hose. I have no idea how many gallons it uses, but when i turn the water on, I get a forceful shower after turning the knobs perhaps 1". Used to be almost a full rotation. Very impressed. Better shower force than my non low flow shower heads over the years.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I've had this one before (waterpik ) and will again soon. LOL. In an apartment we just moved into so I haven't remembered to buy one yet.

It has a button to shut off the water while you suds :)

chrissum

Power Conserver
Reaction score
THanks everyone! I'll look into each one of them!

philpatton

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Whats wrong with the present unit? You might look into cleaning it by doing the following http://www.ehow.com/how_2127922_clean-shower-head.html

If your present shower head is alright you could take a dime drill a small hole in it, remove the shower head, insert the dime and then put the shower head back on. This will limit the amount of water used and increase the pressure because of the smaller opening that the water is going through.

chrissum

Power Conserver
Reaction score
philpatton said:
Whats wrong with the present unit? You might look into cleaning it by doing the following http://www.ehow.com/how_2127922_clean-shower-head.html

If your present shower head is alright you could take a dime drill a small hole in it, remove the shower head, insert the dime and then put the shower head back on. This will limit the amount of water used and increase the pressure because of the smaller opening that the water is going through.
Thanks phil, but the hose and hose connection are worn out. I will book mark the url for the future, great ideas, thanks!