Low Glycemic make-ahead and freeze meals

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I need to start making some make-ahead and freeze meals for my folks, things that are easy to heat up and that are compatible with a LGI lifestyle. The meals I choose will be ones that either contain a lot of LGI veggies, or that are the main dish that can be served with a salad or a simple side of steamed and buttered veggies.

So far, I've made turkey soup with root veggies and collards, baked beans with salt pork, and today I am making a big batch of spaghetti sauce. Some of it will be thickened and herbed further to use as pizza sauce.

Then I will make whole wheat dough and make and top some pizzas and freeze them, ready for the oven.

I have some pork neck bones that I will be making into broth for more soup.

I need some more ideas, things that can be frozen in plastic (sorry, the folks need simple things, and thawing in a jar is not as easy. They will be using the microwave) and easily cooked or re-heated.

I am thinking stuffed cabbage, lasagna, and ...... what?

I will be adding canning in the late summer and fall, and also fermenting of things like salsa for nachos and tacos. I will also can some of the pork for instant main dishes.