Lower Calorie Omelets

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I eat tons of eggs, I just use a few yolks and mostly egg whites all the time to keep my menu plan on track.

Never forget the power of eggs!!! :)----BUT for me I always use 1 egg yolk, then use like 2-3 egg whites to make it larger. I still love a yolk but never eat tons of them.

Here is one omelet that is delish!!!!!

Women's Health Goat Cheese and Chive Omelet

You save: 291 calories, 29 g fat, 14 g saturated fat

Ingredients
4 egg whites
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
1/2 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley leaves
1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon leaves
Olive oil spray
1 ounce (about 1/4 cup) crumbled goat cheese
Salt and fresh black pepper, to taste

Combine the egg whites, chives, parsley and tarragon in a medium bowl. Beat lightly with a fork until combined. Lightly mist a small non-stick skillet with spray and place it over medium heat. Add the egg mixture. Cook about 5 minutes (longer on an electric stove) or until egg is set.

Sprinkle the goat cheese evenly over the egg and carefully flip half of the egg over the other half and cook through. Omelet should be completely set in the center. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Makes 1 serving: 147 calories, 20 g protein, 1 g carbohydrate, 6 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 13 mg cholesterol, trace fiber, 326 mg sodium

Traditional Goat Cheese & Chive Omelet has: 438 calories, 27 g protein, 2 g carbohydrates, 35 g fat, 18 g saturated fat, 684 mg cholesterol, 0 g fiber, 950 mg sodium

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
so am I --to a degree

of course anyone can use the yolks in their omelets definitely! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I sure agree!

and goat cheese in general is just awesome...LOL