Lucky Me--FREE!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I jumped online to check my power bill

and I got 8 FREE CFLs coming...yea finally my power company gave me something free......6-8 weeks I should receive them. Hey not bad for clicking a "yes-I want" box LOL hope they are decent...will see lol

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What's the power company out your way, FC? Wouldn't happen to be Progress Energy, would it? :fl

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
no I am Duker Power
and down the road is REA power
those are the 2 near me

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dang - that figures! :/ I seem to recall PE gave out discount coupons for CFLs several years ago, but that's it. Well, glad you're going to get yours! :D

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
FarmerChick - that's excellent.

Here in Northern Ohio, the power company would supply bulbs at $10 a pop. They would drop 2 off at your house, whether you were home or not and then bill you for them.....that program lasted about 2 days.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL Free that is funny

wow that stinks they would leave bulbs and then bill ya lol

I would be sending those suckers back just because of the principal....lol
cost me time and energy but I would have to return them :p I don't like no one billing me for something I might not have wanted lol

yikes

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I got my free bulbs

I got 16

not 8----but they mailed me 16 free CFLs

2 wattages---8 equiv. to 60 watt
8 equiv. to 75 watts

I happy....lol

:weee

HEY I priced LED light bulbs. Get this, one light bulb was $18.98. The cheapest they had and that was a 40 watt.

I bought a new light fixture over the mirror in master bath cause I am re-painting and refreshing that room. It has 4 lights. I thought LED til I saw the prices. $80 for 4 light bulbs, no way. Even the store clerk said no way I would recoup $80 in cost of LED vs. any other bulbs I put in that fixture over a very very very long time lol

So I guess I have to wait, um, 2-3-4 years for reasonable priced LED bulbs to hit the market.

Dunkopf

On Vacation
Reaction score
We put CFL's in about 5 years ago. About 20 altogether. Haven't replaced a single one. I love them.

Wish our power company would send something free.

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Maybe I should have bought more?

I dunno even if it's a good price. There were TONS of them for sale in dollar stores in southern California. They had a logo that the electric company was giving them out. They were $1 (the kind of dollar store where everything was $1.) I can't remember if that was a single cfl bulb or more.

I bought several, and have been using them. I don't really like the look of them in fixtures where they are exposed, but I will say that I don't think I've had any burn out yet. That alone would be a worthwhile savings, the way some fixtures seem to go through bulbs.