Lymes Disease

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
DW was diagnosed with Lymes about a week ago. She is on antibiotics but is experiencing flare-ups. She wastold that the symptoms would most likely get worse before they get better. Has anyone been through this or know someone who has? I really need some advice or some type of home remedy help on how to help her. Right now she aches so bad that she can't hardly get out of bed. I am really worried about her and need help.

Thanks

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Sending ((hugs)). The only thing I can offer is a hot meal or some help with the kids. I have no help on natural rememdies.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
All I would advise is taking Lymes seriously. It has some pretty debilitating side effects if not treated fully. Make sure she takes ALL the antibiotics. As for pain, would a warm bath help? Ibuprofen or some other anti-inflammatory? I'm not a medicine person usually, but this is one disease I wouldn't mess with. And I have had it also... Good luck!

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I contracted it in 1993. I took one day of pennicillan and found out I was deathly allergic to the anti biotic. So I was left untreated.

Let me warn you now, take the antibiotic course. Please. Retest to make sure it is suppressed.

I have had horrible episodes for years before they even thought to test and see if the disease was flaring in my system. Sure enuf...

I had to take a one year antibiotic regiman to get mine a lil under control. Just three years ago. I have less flares but they still occur.

I have severe joint problems. Arthritic hands. Im 39. My hips will feel like they pop out of joint, making walking excruciating.

I have had menagitis and the headaches were blinding. I have had three episodes of internal inflamation. Where I thought I was going to die. I have had my gall bladder and appendix out. I have PCOS.

My memory is horrible. I write everything down. Have to. They said it's making swiss cheese out of my brain.

I test negative now. But the damage is done. I have scarred kidneys and liver. An enlarged heart. And depending on what organ or organs it decides to go after next, well you get the idea.

The auto immune part is the worst. If I get sick or stressed my body nearly kills itself in over production of antibodies. It attacks its own organs.

According to my doc. If they would of given my another antibiotic when the pennicillan failed, then I could of avoided all this. :th

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
My memory is atrocious, and I always wonder about it possibly being Lyme damage. I have always chalked it up to being a mom, but my kids are older now. I started having problems when they were tiny, and had Lyme disease when my youngest was an infant. Aaaarrrgh.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I am in CT, home of the town of Lyme, after which the disease is named. I know more people who have had the disease than haven't. I'm one of the lucky few! It is a serious illness, not to be taken lightly. It can have life long effects. Make sure your doctor is knowledgeable about the disease. Push for appropriate treatment. Don't give up!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just today met a Naturopathic Medical Doctor who is a major expert on treating Lyme and spent a good hour discussing lyme with him and some of the other disease treatments he does. Patients come to him from all over the nation to se him and his son. His son is the fourth generation of Naturopaths in his family... they started their clinic back in 1906.

I hope to do an interview with him regarding the naturopathic treatments of infections before long... meanwhile I already know his protocol for Lyme as my friend has been treated by him and pretty successfully.

My friend had lyme for at least for 20 years before it was diagnosed. He remembers a huge bulls eye rash at the time back then.

Its very late and Ive been driving all day.. I will post the protocol tomorrow that my friend used. This doc also gave me an pretty good handout on Lyme disease snd I will see if there is anything you need to know in there.

Chronic Lyme can be cured at times if you are diligent in treating it even when antibiotics have not worked. The organism becomes resistant to the drugs so you have to go in other directions for cure.

EarthWonderHerbals

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I would look into using the herb Teasel Root. You can buy it in tincture/extract form. I am an herbalist. You could set up an herbal consultation for this with an herbalist in your area. Good luck!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
EarthWonderHerbals said:
I would look into using the herb Teasel Root. You can buy it in tincture/extract form. I am an herbalist. You could set up an herbal consultation for this with an herbalist in your area. Good luck!
:welcome

Can we discuss (on another thread, of course!) deworming herbs? Please? Pretty please??? :frow

woodwzrd

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I would look into using the herb Teasel Root. You can buy it in tincture/extract form. I am an herbalist. You could set up an herbal consultation for this with an herbalist in your area. Good luck
Thanks EarthWonderHerbals for that info and welcome to the group. I am sure you will be able to lend a great deal to the group.

The Teasel root was discussed but she can have absolutely 0 alcohol with the antibiotics she is on so that puts a tincture out of the question. Is there a capsule form of Teasel Root?