Make your own plant fertilizer-Literally!

xineohpoel

Power Conserver
Reaction score

nmsunrise

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wow! That's interesting. I noticed they gave different ratios. How often do you use it?

xineohpoel

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I don't use it that often maybe one every week, or two depending on the plants. You can get a fertilizer and ph monitor for about 19.95 at Lowes. I mix mine 6 or 7 to one because my fertilizer be strong. :gig

If you use too often you will be over fertilizing.

We live near a greenhouse and take their depleted potting soil for 20.00 for a truck load. We sprinkle the urine water on it and add some compost and it is usable again after the winter.

Must be fresh though or it gets stinky and turns to ammonia.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I already got made fun for posting about my homemade SN on my blog...now if I post that I do this (which I don't and not sure if I want to) they will really have a field day!! :gig
This is only for #1 right????

xineohpoel

Power Conserver
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
I already got made fun for posting about my homemade SN on my blog...now if I post that I do this (which I don't and not sure if I want to) they will really have a field day!! :gig
This is only for #1 right????
Correct this is for number one. I live too close to neighbors and don't have the facility to handle #2 nor do I want to as it stinks already. It is high in nitrogen so water down well. My chickens handle #2 for me in the garden during the winter.

I should put down another use for the 2 liter soda bottle haha.