Make your own tea!

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Yes, pine needle tea...interesting stuff, for sure.
My favorite this winter has been fenugreek seed with either ginger root, fennel seed or rosehips. I was surprised that I like the fenugreek so much. I bought a pound of organic on Amazon, don't remember it being expensive. All of those are supposed to help with inflammation.

ChickenMomma91

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We buy organic willowbark and use it as a pain relieving tea. asprin is actually made from willow and my DH would eat asprin like its candy if i didnt watch him (the ex wife is a b!*/§) and for my stepson i use chamomile and valerian root when he's fighting bed time

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
California poppy is good for insomnia and anxiety and is mild enough to be safe for children also (it does not contain any opium). For a tea, use about 2 grams of the dried herb to about 2/3 cup of hot water. Or you can make a tincture and use about 15 drops in a small glass of water. It also helps with bedwetting.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
My DH sometimes make me chamomile tea. I don't find it very palatable, but it does help some with anxiety.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Try it with some mint or fennel @sumi... I find chamomile somewhat insipid; adding a mint or fennel to it seems to liven it up a bit.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Thank you @Britesea We have loads of mint here, so I will add some of that next time!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
I wish I had more free time to explore this!! I'm just getting started with all sorts of this stuff, and would really like to make my own. So much cheaper and costs SO much less! There are peppermint plants at the farm where I work, so I need to get some leaves and give it a shot at drying them. I need some more peppermint tea. It really helped my headache the last time I had it, so I want to keep some on hand, but want to make sure the ingredients are good quality.
There is so much to learn and do and just not enough time!

Myhouseisazoo2

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow! I love tea and this is really giving me some great ideas for what I should try to make. I've a friend whom sends me dried wild chamomile bundles she's made at home :love I love it! Sadly though she hasn't had time to collect this year so I've been drinking store bought ones. Recently I've fallen in love with hibiscus teas!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@Myhouseisazoo2 Hibiscus tea? How do you make that? We are overgrown with mint here, but for some strange reason I do not like the taste, so I barely use it.