Making $$ on persimmons?

ChickenPotPie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
25 cents ea is very cheap....but that is around here in CA.
Yes, it is extremely cheap. But, I am somewhat isolated here in the boonies of a town most people consider the boonies (the boonies of the boonies :lol:) so I'm happy to offer them at that price instead of giving them to the squirrels for free. :)

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My neighbor has an entire orchard of persimmons. I picked a couple dozen last week. My kids and I eat them crispy like an apple. I tried to dehydrate some. They kinda tasted like pumpkin afterwards. :sick

But at least we managed to save a few.

Persimmons are very big in the Asian communities here. Maybe post on line??

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Next year, I plan on getting a persimmon tree. I've been wanting to do it for awhile. I can never remember exactly what the name is since it's an Asian variety, so I just call them icky persimmons. I'll admit to being a bit nervous, though. The only persimmons I've had to date are the American persimmons. But, they can grow quite tall, and you need both a male and female to get any fruit.

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My Hachiya tree (pear shaped, needs to be soft to eat) did not need a male & female tree. It takes a few years before it begins to bear fruit and its a very weak wooded tree. But YUMMY!!!