Manual washing machine.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
lengel said:
I just ordered this. Apparently it really works, according to the reviews I read. Cool, huh?

http://www.laundry-alternative.com/washing.htm

It's not my grandmother's manual washer!
5 lbs of laundry? :ep Heck, I would be washing all day!!! Its cute but I can't ever remember having only 5 lbs of laundry to do....are you single, Lengel? :)

lengel

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
:lol: Nope! Not single! I'm going to give it a shot though. It's only supposed to take a few minutes per load . . .

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
I'll be curious to hear how you like it. I wonder whether it is really much of any an improvement on good hand-washing, though, and how well it rinses out the soap. (edited to add: lol, I just read the company's faq page and evidently it *doesn't* rinse, you do that by hand. A cynic might wonder how much of the "uses 90% less water than conventional machines" is due to the small load and non rinsing ;))

My personal way of minimizing laundry load, for the sake of our well more than anything, is just to let things go longer between washes. Just because it has been on a person's body does not IMO mean it necessarily needs to be consigned to the hamper :)

Pat

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
COOL
but the practicality of it might not be good for me. with the farm I do tons of laundry.

what are you using it for? your undies and such? just to experiment or are you a camper too?

I also wear things twice....not barn clothes ever, lol, but if I change to run to the store and come home and change again back to barn clothes, then I don't wash that item if it didn't have any mishaps. just going a little longer with the use of the item helps. Towels I use 2-3 times before washing, Tony, nope, new towel every time...drives me crazy..LOL.......just curious what you want to wash in it?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I used to have one of those...when Y2K was expected to happen:>) Picked it up for $5 at a second hand store. I remember trying it, but I don't remember whether I was impressed or not:>) I gave it away shortly after 2000 didn't happen, it took up storage space I didn't have:>)

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey, that's what I was looking at not long ago. Let me know how it works. I don't do laundry by hand because I can't wring things out with my wrists being all mucked up. Does it get the water out? If it doesn't, then just getting an old wringer might be a better option for me. I mainly want to do some of my clothes that should be hand washed (but I don't hand wash them because of the above mentioned wrist problem).

I was them on the delicate cycle which I can tell is hard on the clothes, but I don't wash them after every wear. They are work clothes (in an office) and I hang them up when I get home and end up washing them every couple of times because I have spilled something on them. :D

I definitely want to know how it works. Please keep us posted.

Cassandra
PS I personally use two towels a week, yet we still have two loads of towels to wash on the weekends. I can't get anyone else to do it. They are just too lazy to hang a towel up when they are done with it, I guess. And hubby says his stink like mildew after one time. I don't know why! Mine don't. But, I have my own bathroom separate from all of them (boys) so I never know what's going on in there til it's too late.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
But, I have my own bathroom separate from all of them (boys) so I never know what's going on in there til it's too late.

********I hear the theme music to JAWS.......that is scary!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
My personal way of minimizing laundry load, for the sake of our well more than anything, is just to let things go longer between washes. Just because it has been on a person's body does not IMO mean it necessarily needs to be consigned to the hamper :)

Pat
Lol, tell that to my kids!!!!! My son especially will throw his clothes in the laundry even if he only wore it for a few hours. I'll take it out, put it back in his room and tell him that unless it has dirt on it, it smells or he has worn it several times, it doesn't go in the laundry!!!!