Maple gold

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just wondering if someone..could ship a supply of maple syrup...
is insanely priced here.. very .happy to reasonably compinsate
and cover shipping costs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
cheepo said:
and cover shipping costs
I dunno if Modern_Pioneer ships any of his out or not, but you might message him to ask.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
My sister used to live in NH and had someone she liked to buy from up there. She just recently moved to TN, and she made sure that her supplier shipped. Would you like me to get their info for you? I don't know how their price compares, but I am sure that it is not horrible as she used to get it when she lived up there.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
cheepo said:
and cover shipping costs
Define "insanely priced". It's all relative! :D

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
thank you for your interest and replys..
FarmerJamie it is about $14 for not even a cup here...the stuff in the grocery store..I am not sure if it even is maple sugar, more like maple flavoured sugar water...
would be wonderful to have the real thing...just this last week I was lucky enough to have a taste of some..and would really love some..myself.
a supplyer info hqueen13 would be absolutely fantastic and very much appreciated and If she stuck with them it must be good...

GhostRider65

Power Conserver
Reaction score
cheepo said:
thank you for your interest and replys..
FarmerJamie it is about $14 for not even a cup here...the stuff in the grocery store..I am not sure if it even is maple sugar, more like maple flavoured sugar water...
would be wonderful to have the real thing...just this last week I was lucky enough to have a taste of some..and would really love some..myself.
a supplyer info hqueen13 would be absolutely fantastic and very much appreciated and If she stuck with them it must be good...
Where are you? that is insane its 12 a quart here, but not sure what shipping would be to where you are....... I can buy it in gallons for 32.... I think. I will have to check. its also a natural guy who is certified organic. its yummy, I need to get over by him and get us some we are out just now. I will ask about shipping and how much he has left, they make their own each summer and when it's gone it's gone......... Kim

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
cheepo said:
and cover shipping costs
I made maple syrup last year and it gave me a real appreciation for the cost. And it made me think twice about sugar, in general. I think we'd all have to change if it wen't for government programs and cheap labor in other countries. OT, I guess, but being sugar self sufficient would be quite the challenge...

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Here ya go, Cheepo (and anyone else!)

www.taylorbrothersfarm.com

Good stuff!

PS: If you haven't tried the darker varieties, that is my favorite now. The lighter stuff just doesn't have as much flavor. Of course, most from NH and VT up there won't have anything but the dark amber! That's a bit much for me though! I know that one is technically cheaper than the other, but I can't remember if grade A is the stuff that the public usually likes, or if it is the grade B... Someone else might be able to help me out here.