- Feb 6, 2011
- Reaction score
- rural Abilene, KS, 67410 USA
Maple Sweet Potato Hash
- 1lb sweet potatoes (about 2 small sweet potatoes,) peeled & cubed
- 1/2 lb pork breakfast sausage
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Cook sweet potatoes in a large pot of salted, boiling water until barely tender, about 4 minutes. Drain then set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat then add sausage, removing casings if necessary. Brown, breaking it up as it cooks, then drain in a paper towel lined bowl and set aside.
- Drop heat a tad then melt butter and olive oil in the same skillet. Add sweet potatoes and onions then season with pepper and saute until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Add sausage then drizzle in maple syrup to your liking. Toss to combine then saute for 1-2 more minutes and then serve.