MASON BALL JARS & PRESS & SEAL SAFETY LINERS

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i HOPE I HAVE THIS QUESTION IN THE RIGHT AREA..
I SCORED A GOOD DEAL ON PINT MASON BALL CANNING JARS, WIDE MOUTH AND REG. MOUTH.I WANT TO USE THEM FOR MY HONEY.I'M LOOKING FOR THE " PRESS & SEAL SAFELY LINERS" THAT GO RIGHT UNDER THE LID. I'M NOT PLANNING ON USING THE USAUL TWO PIECE RING & LID FOR THIS.I PLAN ON USING THE WHITE PLASTIC LIDS THEY SELL TO FIT REG. AND WIDE MOUTH JARS.
MY QUESTION IS, WHO SELLS THIS SAFETY SEALS AND WHAT SIZE WOULD I ORDER..? i'VE BEEN ALL OVER THRE GOOGLE SEARCH, WITH NO LUCK. EVERYTHING IS IN MM SIZE.
THESES ARE THE SAFETY SEALS YOU WOULD SEE WHEN YOU OPEN A JAR OF PEANUT BUTTER OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. IT LETS YOU KNOW THAT IF THERE INTACT, THEY HAVEN'T BEEN TAMPERED WITH,HENCE SAFETY SEAL LINER...THANKS FOR ANY HELP....KEVIN

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Try looking for pressure safety seals. My google search turned up several the first of which was The Cary Company. I used the search words "plastic jar safety seals".

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks 2Dream...i guess i'll go googling again..:) Part of the problem is converting mm measurements to US measurements. For example, the opening of a regular mouth mason jar is 2 5/8 in.(OD) outside diameter...how do you convert that to MM...? The few website i did find selling safety seals all us the MM measure..I guess i need to find a converson chart..

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have seen the white plastic lid for screwing on after you open a jar and want to store in fridge for long term use.

I don't know anything about the "glued"= I guess = rim safety seal????

Hmm....

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks 2Dream...I found the product i'm looking for.I also found plenty of inches to mm conversion sites...
However, i'm still spinning my wheels...lol
The reg mouth mason jar measures 2 5/8 inches, outside diameter(OD), the wide mouth measures
3 1/4 inches(OD)....I need safety seals for both sizes..The problem for me is when you go to these conversion sites, everything in inches is desimal or fractions...! I don't know how to convert the tape measure reading of 2 5/8 inches to inches in fractions or desimals
What i need at this point is someone who can say...." oh thats easy, 2 5/8" equals 65 mm " lol.....Then i would be able to order the right size seal.Those conversion sites leave me scratching my head...! Help, i need a mathmatical wizard..! lol

2 5/8"..=______MM

3 1/4"..=______MM

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Not a mathmatical wizard by no means. I can barely add and subtract but I do know that 3 1/4 = 3.25
2 5/8 will be between 2.5 and 2.75. I think its like 2.625
You divide the 5 by the 8 to get my answer.

Edited to add. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
FC thanks for that site.
I had to get my DD to call my X (her dad) to get the answer to the 2 5/8's question. He got a good laugh out of that one. Now I have bookmarked that website and won't have to be making that phone call ever again. LOL

DuppyDo - let us know how it works out for you.

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks 2Dream and Karen...!! You guys are GREAT....:)