Massacre Today: ITS GOTTEN WORSE

Snowhunter

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hate to hear of such bad news, BB.

We've dealt with a fair share of strays here. Between chasing cows (instant dirt nap) and several who were drooling over cooped chickens, only a few got away with thier life, as they had collars and never come back after being run off (only a collared dog gets a chance). I don't like doin it, but I've got stock to protect. My own dogs get the same treatment as well.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
BB, I am so sorry. We too had an unwelcome visitor of the canine variety. He got 4 hens and a rooster!! I popped a few shots at him, but he was able to run off. Not sure if I made contact or not. We are down to 7 hens and 2 roosters, one hen is old and blind. :rolleyes: I am collecting eggs for a new hatch....right after the ducks all hatch. I hope you get your target! Ours is a pit bull mix...and FAST!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Well it gets worse......they pulled the bottoms of two rabbit hutches out and killed two rabbits. Both of my bucks, and didn't eat them. The bodies were found fifty feet away near the pond. :hit :hit :hit

There were tracks by the coop, and these are BIG dogs. Today I got my gun ready, and Mom has another .22 ready. Tomorrow we will wait for them on the wrap around deck. Its coming to a close..........

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
You're doing the right thing, but be safe, my young friend.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We'll be safe, and this sucks ultimately..........

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I'm hoping you have enough firepower weight to stop bigger dogs. You might just make 'em mad. :p

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
I'm hoping you have enough firepower weight to stop bigger dogs. You might just make 'em mad. :p
I hope, I'm done with them.....

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sorry Buffy....I hope you get the killers :rant