Mead Pump

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
It didn't as hot today like the other day where it too got to 104, only 94F now.
I keep the mead and cider in the bedroom where it is kept 75F, the other ferments are kept in the kitchen at 85F which is the ideal temperature for speed. I have to make large batches in the summer because I keep the house too cool to ferment in the winter.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
xpc said:
It didn't as hot today like the other day where it too got to 104, only 94F now.
I keep the mead and cider in the bedroom where it is kept 75F, the other ferments are kept in the kitchen at 85F which is the ideal temperature for speed. I have to make large batches in the summer because I keep the house too cool to ferment in the winter.
Get yourself some Lagar yeast it does best around 54 degrees F but will go lower. do you live in an igloo in the winter?

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
~gd said:
Get yourself some Lagar yeast it does best around 54 degrees F but will go lower. do you live in an igloo in the winter?
I use distillers yeast because of the volume it makes at a cheap cost and though it ferments at 60F it takes a long time.

In the winter the house is usually between 40-50 degrees, before insulating it would get into the mid 30's and would prefer an igloo over a yurt any day.