Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
another one down. you cant eat horns!

20220102_164349.jpg

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like the deer this time of year, their coat is beautiful as opposed to spring and summer. I have yet to successful tan a deer skin with hair on. I always seem to make it so thin and soft, that I can tear it with my hands, obvious not good.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You may not be able to eat "horns" but you can keep them around as a remembrance long after the meat is gone.
i hunt for the freezer. we get one buck a year tho and save the horns sometimes.....but it takes 5 deer to keep us in red meat for the year and thats with eating chicken 3 nights a week. weve been out of venison since early december so im REALLY hunting for the freezer now.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Nice! We aren’t allowed to get does here but the meat is so much nicer than bucks, I wish we were. What’s the limit for you down there?
They're practically begging people to harvest does here in WI. I think we get 3 anterless tags per buck tag and there is an additional doe season too. I'm fussy on the details since DH takes care of it. If DH gets a choice he harvests does and fawns. Fawns are good eating!