Meat!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
piglett said:
the funny farm6 said:
i wouldnt be able to eat one of my own, but 1 from the sale barn-that i bought for that purpose, i think i could. if i didnt look at it too much. i would have to be hungry and keep the reason in mind.
well 1st off , don't ever name them
pets have names our chickens here don't for just that reason
we get free roosters all of the time from craigslist
lots of people buy straight run & end up with WAY more roos than they need
they either don't know how or can't process them
so we go scoop em up & they head off to freezer camp

piglett
we name all our food, the last pigs we had were loin and bacon. the calf a friend of ours raised was potsie (short for pot roast) the one before that was stewie. if i dont give them names then the kids will! and it is harder to butcher pigglet and pooh than bacon and loin!!!

piglett

Power Conserver
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
piglett said:
the funny farm6 said:
i wouldnt be able to eat one of my own, but 1 from the sale barn-that i bought for that purpose, i think i could. if i didnt look at it too much. i would have to be hungry and keep the reason in mind.
well 1st off , don't ever name them
pets have names our chickens here don't for just that reason
we get free roosters all of the time from craigslist
lots of people buy straight run & end up with WAY more roos than they need
they either don't know how or can't process them
so we go scoop em up & they head off to freezer camp

piglett
it is harder to butcher pigglet and pooh than bacon and loin!!!
hey hey don't butcher me :))))))
i'm way too old & tough to be good eating

he he he :D:lol:
piglett

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Easy meat=pigs. By the time you raise one to market weight you will hate the stinking hard headed thing so bad the whole family will be fighting over the gun to deliver the final blow and the knife to slit it's throat. :lol: I am SO not joking, we did argue over who got the honor of ending that crazy beast we raised. He tastes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good too ;) We also did a few chickens, and got several deer this year in the freezer too.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Easy meat=pigs. By the time you raise one to market weight you will hate the stinking hard headed thing so bad the whole family will be fighting over the gun to deliver the final blow and the knife to slit it's throat. :lol: I am SO not joking, we did argue over who got the honor of ending that crazy beast we raised. He tastes SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good too ;) We also did a few chickens, and got several deer this year in the freezer too.
:yuckyuck aint that the truth!!!!!!!! they are fun as babies, but when they are @200-300 lbs, jumping on you to get the feed bucket is not any fun anymore!!!!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
RU got some baby potbellies. Her plan is to have them as pets. I keep looking at them and thinking, bacon, pork chops, ribs.....:hide