Medical Insurance and COBRA

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I was on Advair for a while but it made my asthma attacks worse. I got fewer, but they were bad.....

I hate having asthma, it does not fit my self image y'know? I worry about DHs blood pressure meds. So I am investigating the companies and will be having a little chat with my doc here soon. See if we can't work some help out.

Reaction score
I have high blood pressure too. There's a bunch of stuff for that. The doc should be able to get a generic that works. I wish you luck until you get through all this.

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If you have high blood pressure you might not want to read my other thread...

I really truly appreciate being able to come here and vent and get some good advice!

hikerchick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
On Our own said:
I really appreciate the tips and support. I am not a big ask for support person (You know that whole sufficient self mentality. ;) )

I was sort of ashamed at first and I still feel it some, we live in a VERY affluent neighborhood and the kids will notice this first with the gimme's simply not working for them. (They never have but it will be tighter now.)

Dh is still working this month out, and the union is trying to work out severance packages. If he gets severance as a pay out he'll have to wait , in this state, until the severance stops to collect unemployment. If it is as a lump sum he can apply right away.

I am employed PT and had just contracted for the next few months so I am looking for more PT work for the meantime and looking for full time to start in May.....

Dh is struggling. Its only been a day and he is so stunned. They just told them last week that they were open for sure until April. (Thats why I contracted for the next few months.) Then Bam!

The CEO made 10 million this year and is in line for a nice fat bonus.... :tongue

When will they see the connection between firing people and the economy slowing down?? Probably never. I hear more "Let them eat cake" type comments every day from the top 10%ers.
I work a full time job in addition to my part time job. Can't you get a full time job with benefits now instead of waiting until May? Just work both until your contract runs out. It's tough but I have been doing it for two years. I am a single parent.

On Our own

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
If I got a decent offer I would absolutely take it, but not too many people would be willing to work around my PT schedule which is fixed in cement and not changeable in the least: I teach - the class times cannot be changed now. :D

And, I am pretty sure I can get more teaching work for the spring semester while I am searching full bore for a full time perm position. If I cannot find one I will be taking LOTS of PT jobs! :rolleyes: