Member Titles

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
A lot of different schemes have been tossed around at some point, has one been settled on? (If not, it prolly should be :p)

Do you want them based on # of posts with titles increasing in self-sufficient-sounding-ness, or based on # of posts in some other way, or things people can select from themselves depending on how they would like to be labelled (which sounds like a huge lot of work for you, Our Friendly Neighborhood Moderator, but I can certainly understand its appeal from other standpoints), or what?

Pat

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I think one could be Starting Out...like that be the lowest one...then build on it...??

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I don't know. I kinda always wondered about that number of post thing since in some places people just post smilies and end up with thousands of post with no actual real posting. The number of post someone makes has never been my thing. It's all more about connecting and sharing.
As far as titles go it does not really matter to me. What ever everyone wants works. Most of the time I don't look at the title thing anyway so when they change someone will have to knock me over the head and point it out to me. LOL

Edited once again because - I CAN"T SPELL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea number of posts listed means nothing to me. is there a reason we have this?? just asking cause I don't know..LOL

so we want titles that refer to SS on a list we choose from, kinda generic?

Animal Lover
Farmer in the City
Master Gardener
Country Boy or Girl
Hunter
Fisherman
????and so on???

Anything anyone wants is fine with me...I will be able to choose from any list..LOL

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
1) depends on the kindness of strangers
2)seeking self-sufficiency
3) self-sustaining
4) mostly indendent
5)free at last,free at last
6) abundant life
7)enough left over to share

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
what about an alphabetic listing that is not too explicitly a novice-to-experienced ranking, like

At the threshold (I figure anyone with just a few posts *is* sort of at
the threshold, of the forum that is)
Building a good life
Creatively constructive
Doing his/her own thing

(I know those examples kind of suck, but at least it demonstrates the concept :p)

Pat

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Some good ideas for sure! Keep them coming.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
oh I so wish I was feeling more creative today! I can't think of a 'list' per se, but what about, like Pat was saying, and maybe have it as in...

Some of us just garden and process (can) and thats it, whereas some just use solar, or some have their water brought in, some have no electricity, or some have no tv, etc....maybe Pat's idea reflects that, and I just need more coffee, lol.