Memes That Make You Giggle

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's that whole " I before E " thing... with the "exceptions" thrown in...and there are plenty of cases where the i before e except after c, isn't a rule either... I often write things and look at them because I am just not sure sometimes...
Is it mispelled , or misspelled???

I just thought it was funny with wanting to go back and correct their misspelling and you inadvertently did it too... and I would think the person that did the signs might have been dyslexic.... backwards ss's and all that....

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It's that whole " I before E " thing... with the "exceptions" thrown in...and there are plenty of cases where the i before e except after c, isn't a rule either... I often write things and look at them because I am just not sure sometimes...

I just thought it was funny with wanting to go back and correct their misspelling and you inadvertently did it too... and I would think the person that did the signs might have been dyslexic.... backwards ss's and all that....
True.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Screenshot_20230925_202436_Chrome.jpg

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score

Michigan is such an odd shape that in some areas it is shorter to go around, but because going around means going through Chicago you probably won't gain a lot of time. that also used to work for trips to the east of us because it was shorter to go through Canada and it was at least different, but again, the time spent crossing the borders could slow you down enough to make it not worth it. my last few times through the border into Canada they detained me and searched my car and person and did not find anything so i've stopped going to visit Canada. i got on someone's poopy list...

ok, for other fun facts, Michigan is 2.4 times larger than Iceland and 2.7 times smaller than Texas. Alaska is 2.5 times bigger than Texas or 6 times bigger than Michigan.

my normal drive during the years i lived in the UP to visit Mom here downstate was about 8hrs. in bad weather it could go up to 14hrs (and this isn't the two furthest points which are about 650 miles).