Memes That Make You Giggle

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Sound of Silence. "And the sign said 'The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls'".

yes, i do know that song too, i'd just forgotten it because i've been on a Rush streak recently (i have all their albums/cds and play through the entire collection from time to time). i also have a Simon and Garfunkle greatest hits album/cd in my collection which Mom likes so that gets played a lot more than the Rush collection (she's not much into harder progressive R&R... so i have to keep those for the time when i want to listen to it and she's off doing other things).

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240206-154939_Gmail.jpg

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Truth right there! I got pulled over last week on Monday - the day before my birthday for going 43 mph. 43! (in a 30 zone) He also tried to tell me that my registration was expired. Well, maybe the one on the window was expired, but the one in the envelope on my dash was in date. I put that thing on so fast it'd make your head spin, lol. I told the cop I wasn't feeling well and was distracted - all true. He asked why DH didn't drive if I was feeling poorly and I explained how we had just left the doc office to have his legs re-casted (light weight pressure wraps) and that he couldn't feel his feet. He just shook his head and told me to be careful and let me go, lol. Sometimes being old and pitiful works in your favor!

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I usually manage to talk myself out of tickets, but when I get one, I truly deserve it!

i don't even try to get out of it. only time i ever got out of trouble was as a teen. once i got older i've been ticketed four times, but the last one was genuinely wrong and i was able to get it all reversed and avoided fines, but it did delay my getting back to work from visiting downstate because they impounded my truck until it all got cleared up. i was driving a truck that was put together from two previous ones and they used the registration from the engine block and not the body. i was ticketed for driving without registration or insurance and the police thought the truck was stolen (painted over VIN ... yeah that would be suspicious and i couldn't blame them). it took me a week to get the proper title and insurance and then go back to the courthouse and get the tickets cancelled. but i still had to pay impoundment fee. :( lack of work also didn't help $.

other times i got ticketed one was for an accident that was my fault (i backed up over a lady who was tailgating me, i didn't even know she was behind me) and two speeding tickets. i deserved all three of those.

in recent times i tend to do 5 or less over depending upon the weather, but sometimes i'm now driving less than the speed limit because i'm always leaving here too early for appointments and i hate just sitting and waiting so i drive very slow around the block or something... people just blast by me.

Last edited: