Memes That Make You Giggle

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Love that skeeter one. o_O on the scorpions though.

@Calista if you are scared of spiders, don't go to South Africa. I've seen some there that were so big, I thought they were mice, before I noticed they had 8 legs. I'll never forget the day I opened a kitchen cupboard just above eye level and one came falling out, nearly hitting me in the face. It died.

On a lighter note, one day at work one of my coworkers who was absolutely petrified of everything creepy or crawling and bigger than a fly, was trimming some flowers to arrange when a spider (I think) crawled over her hand. The poor woman threw the whole bunch of flowers up in the air… It was a hot day and we had the ceiling fan on full speed. Never did find that bug that scared her so, but the room looked amazing!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
This is AWESOME!!

28059487_1706815762729026_391422276746201289_n.jpg

Calista

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Love that skeeter one. o_O on the scorpions though.

@Calista if you are scared of spiders, don't go to South Africa. I've seen some there that were so big, I thought they were mice, before I noticed they had 8 legs. I'll never forget the day I opened a kitchen cupboard just above eye level and one came falling out, nearly hitting me in the face. It died.

On a lighter note, one day at work one of my coworkers who was absolutely petrified of everything creepy or crawling and bigger than a fly, was trimming some flowers to arrange when a spider (I think) crawled over her hand. The poor woman threw the whole bunch of flowers up in the air… It was a hot day and we had the ceiling fan on full speed. Never did find that bug that scared her so, but the room looked amazing!

"It died." Ha, that was great. Actually, I am a good friend to spiders and always scoop up errant bugs of any kind in the house ALIVE to put carefully outside. I leave outdoor spiders alone, knowing how important they are in the scheme of things. I just don't want them ON me, heh.

We have a working outhouse on the property we have now and I grew up using them, too. Always banged the toilet seat with a stick before sitting down to use the facility and never had any issues. Don't like to think too closely about THAT, either!

Also loved the flowers in the air story, thanks for sharing that.

Calista

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
488ab36769a18f8e015594423e5e37693564ba50130dca777e5b3fb9734a9297.jpg

Had to post this because this could have been me. Worked as a TWA stewardess for 5 years, back when they called them that, and almost decided to make a career out of it. Luckily, demon spawn from hell (unaccompanied kids), onboard drunks, stoners, and entitled passengers changed my mind. :cool:

One more...remember, my era of flying produced the book, "Coffee, Tea or Me?" :D

1n1i7c.jpg

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I worked as receptionist at a grand country club for awhile. It out me off the industry for good ;)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
ARGH! Oh my goodness - that's too funny.

Reminds me of the time my younger sister went and got lip filler....she looked about like that and cried all the way home while trying to smoosh as much back out of her lips as possible....she ended up lopsided and had to go back and have more to even it out. Always one of the memories that come up when the family gets together to remember her.