Mending question: Repairing a broken zipper

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Now and then an item of clothing comes out of the dryer with the zipper pull no longer connected to the zipper, and the tab is broken so it cannot be re-attached. Does anyone have ideas as to how to repair this without replacing the entire zipper? I have a sweatshirt jacket that I love for outdoor work that is not worth a lot of time/effort, and a pair of jeans, same thing. However, I made a determination just over a year ago to consume as little as possible, and to make do and be more self sufficient.

My thoughts are....these were $10 items, repurpose the material and buy new clothing. But my determination is.....fix 'em!

Help?

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I had some tabs break off and thought I was all genius for finding some really cheap replacement pulls. When I finally got around to trying to replace them I noticed that where the tab attached was totally destroyed. I haven't yet figured out what to do in that case :p

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Perfect!!! Can new slides be purchased? Or do I need to rob one from an old zipper?

Oh, you edited and answered this while I was typing the question! Thanks!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Northface guarantees their zippers for the life of the jacket. We just sent one into them and they replaced it free. Tell them that you just washed the jacket or they may clean it and bill you.