metal coat hangers

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
If you've really got that many, and you can't find a charity that wants them, you might event want to put them on Craigslist and see if anyone wants them there.

I'm going to keep the garden stake idea in mind, that is a great one!

cheepo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
dawn...well spotted ..gosh..you found out my source..LOL....I saw that I thought...what a great idea...
but haven't tried it yet....
but will...
:cool:

dwbonfire

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Cut into about 8" lengths and bent, they make good fasteners for keeping netting down in the garden, holding temporary fencing in place on the ground, holding down shrub limbs to take root, etc. If you have to buy them, they cost quite a bit. They are hard for my wimpy hands to snip, tho. I do a few then my DH sees me, takes pity and does the rest.:hide
tried them as the fence stakes, wonderful! i cut them on each end like to make 2 stakes out of one hanger. hard to explain kind of..

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I used to be a white collar worker [single male] which meani 4-5 hangers/week. The laundry would buy them back $0.02/each. they liked them in bundles of at least 10 they didn't count them, they weighted them.

doc_gonzo

Power Conserver
Reaction score
wow gd, my uniforms are arc flash treated (so they're heavy) and i get the extra heavyduty hangers (stainless steel and heavy gage) i'm probably blowing a bunch of $$ in recycling bux by using them in the garden and passing them along to family.

doc

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
doc_gonzo said:
wow gd, my uniforms are arc flash treated (so they're heavy) and i get the extra heavyduty hangers (stainless steel and heavy gage) i'm probably blowing a bunch of $$ in recycling bux by using them in the garden and passing them along to family.

doc
Wow doc I had never heard of a stainless steel hanger before! One of my duties included inspecting locker rooms etc for 4 or 6 legged pests. uniformed people were required to change on site. our welders got their clothes on a heavy plastic device with spring clips to attach the garments. ~gd

Latest posts