Michele_Lynd a step at a time : what's up this week

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum I am 39 yrs and I have 5 kids one boy and 4 girls, my hubby is my high school sweetheart and we are changing our lives the first thing I have done is learn how to make my own laundry soap and fabric softener We have chickens, thinking of getting goats again (had them before )have plans to put in a garden and maybe some apple trees Hubby and I talked tonight about rain harvesting thinks it will be a good idea:D and getting a wood fernice I'm really looking forward to a healthy and better living We already have erdencent light bulbs in the house and I"m looking in to fixing up things around here to lower our uses so any ideas would be great

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome Michele! You will find all kinds of great ideas here,..people here are full of it,..I mean full of them! :D Good luck on your SS journey!

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
As everyone else said, welcome! There is definitely tons of useful ideas here. Be warned though, when the baby pics (animals) are posting you will definitely feel the tug to get more. LOL

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for all the warm welcomes ;)looks like this week we will be putting in the garden I know its a little late but Im getting plants this yr and will try my own seeds next yr and Im also going to get to apple trees Im thinking darwf kind so i can handle them easyer going to start looking into yard sale for canning jars but i think I;ll have a fight for that alot of people around here can i found out:rolleyes: and next week I should have some baby pics soon i get my new chicks then:D

mlynd

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well we tilled the garden and I had some unexpeted help after the rain this weekend
1673_017.jpg
my daughters Harley and Leslie
1673_013.jpg
hope they put this much engery into helpping with the weeding :rolleyes: