Migraine Headaches

Brooke Kilby

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I have used arnica and it helps with migraines. Also keeping the lights off and low lighting and avoiding all caffeine like the plague lol.

No chocolate and no coffee for sure or that really blows it out of the water. Also using a massager helps to loosen the muscles around the neck and the rest of the body to aid in healing.

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Milk and cheese, especially cheese, cause my migraines, because I am allergic to dairy.

And a non-dairy diet is almost certainly natural because the stuff is in everything processed. I tested allergic to milk when I was a teen, but it didn't get to be a problem with the headaches until my late 20's. It's gotten progressively worse since, and between the pain, the visual effects and the accompanying bowel issues, it is worth staying on my diet. I am SO much healthier.

But keep your hands off my chocolate (dark - Hershey's special dark usually - still a trace of milk but only a trace) :D

edjanuary39

Power Conserver
Reaction score
2 years ago I was in a car wreck and sustained a concussion,prior to that I had never!-yes never had a single headache! Now I get debilitating migraines. July and most of August 2010 I was in bed- barely left my room, bathroom breaks were dredful b/c of the light in my house, no sound, no TV, nothing. Just laid in bed. Medicine didn't work, was seeing a neurologist, had mri's , chiropractic, daily meds, migraine specific meds, on and on. Driving- not a chance! It was awful, well I continued to really suffer daily migraines, then I saw dr. Oz, while I believe medical information is great, sharing with the public gives us just enough info to be idiots. But he did say that cluster headaches-I.e. Migraines with no apparent cause- may be initially brought on by maybe a food allergy, or bump on the head, incorrect glasses prescription.... They stay around and become worse in some cases by the medicine specifically prescribed or OTC for migraines. So with nothing to lose, I stopped all my meds, even when it got bad! I was suffering anyway, they never work that great. Well in 2 days I could venture out in the light (with a lot of fear) and was ok for the first while, when my head started to hurt, it didn't get as bad as the one before! I now only get them if I hit my head, or severe stress. I dont pollute my body with unnecessary junk and I feel better. They are few and far between and not nearly as severe in the last year. I couldn't tell you my last big one. And driving at night still gives me a headache, but I dont turn into an evil woman or an invalid. So just a suggestion, when all else fails, try nothing. You dont have anything to lose if you are already suffering! Good luck!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Gypsi said:
Milk and cheese, especially cheese, cause my migraines, because I am allergic to dairy.
I have bad hayfever/spring allergies, and I drink a lot of dairy. When my coworder joined the company a couple years back she kept saying that she thought that it was a dairy allergy, not just spring allergies. I kept saying no, no no, until one day I tried it. I quit drinking milk and yogurt for a week. Lo and behold the almost perpetually runny nose went away. I tried going back to just yogurt, and that didn't work at all. I drink almond milk for a while, and then finally found a source for raw dairy. I tried raw milk, and I was FINE. I still can't eat/drink gobs and gobs of it because I will have a reaction. But I can have a little bit of raw milk a few days in a row without a problem. And that applies to raw cheese and raw icecream, too. I am so aware of it now that if I have pasta or pizza with regular cheese on it, the next day I'll know it (and sometimes I just suffer through!)

So the lesson learned is that raw milk is A LOT better for you (if you have a reputable source) and it doesn't create the same reactions that store bought milk does, since the store milk is stripped of all nutrients and beneficial bacteria.

Latest posts