Migraine Headaches

bucknercrestfarm

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Kombucha makes the world go round i tell ya! when ever im sick i live on that stuff i always joke saying to bad it dosent come in an iv drip! when we had swine flu in feb i always had my glass near by but you got to becareful not to drink to much it can over stimulate your system and it flushes you out so make sure you drink lots of water! kefir is one to think about to if you have dairy goats or cows you should have kefir its like yogart when its done oly not that firm basicly its fermented milk sound nasty but its soo good for you and what you dont drink you can feed to your milk goats pigs cows chickens dogs and cats or make soap lotion salad dressing a stur in to soaps facial masks even hydrates dry hair! kefirlady.com is cheap and has the best scobys for kombucha and kefir grains and the health benifits are amazing! i have kidney disease and i stoped all treatment this has helped me but im not a doctor was my own personal choice.

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh wow, had my first migrain in 6 months. It was a bad one, and it started at work with the auras. I couldn't see my computer screen. :( Luckily the aura went away before I had to drive home. Then the headache actually set in. I almost don't mind the headache as much as the aura because at least I can see! It was kinda scary this time though, because I got confused as to how to get home--I've been driving this route every day for the past 5 years. I managed to make it home though. :)

This time I also had numbness and tingling in my left hand and face. That was odd.

The only thing different I have had to eat in the past couple days is some Hershey's Dark Chocolate that I got as a gift and some cheap White Zinfandel. Not sure if either of those had anything to do with it.

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Just reading the words "cheap white wine" could give me a migraine! I have to say, for some reason, benedryl sometimes works on that kind of headache, for me.... Much as I enjoyed a glass of wine, I just don't risk it anymore.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
calendula said:
The only thing different I have had to eat in the past couple days is some Hershey's Dark Chocolate that I got as a gift and some cheap White Zinfandel. Not sure if either of those had anything to do with it.
Probably the wine. Lots of wine uses nitrates to stop the fermentation at a certain level. Nitrates do that to my hubby as well.

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's kind of what I was thinking too. I like to drink wine, but I normally drink homemade or at least better quality brand. I bought the White Zin on impulse because it was on sale and sounded good--I believe it was Arbor Mist. Bad idea I guess!

calendula

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well dang, I guess no more cheap wine for me. I guess I'm an expensive wine-o.

MyKidLuvsGreenEgz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I get a lot of migraines, too. About 3 a week. Drinking wine does seem to make them worse. So does too much salt or foods made with artificial colors or preservatives.

Hope you're feeling better.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We found that DH was able to drink wines from other countries without as much trouble. His theory is that American wineries use sulfites to sanitize their bottles, and don't always take care to rinse thoroughly. Not so much in imported wines. Probably the best would be to make your own so you know what is in there. It's not hard to make a decent table wine- it's the Great Wines that take expertise.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I get migraines here and there.. ever since the car accident-where I got hit in the head affected the area I guess.. affects my balance too.
The only thing that works for me is Petadolex (butterburr) they have used it for years in UK and EU.
I get the strangest "star" auras around things right before a migraine sets in. Always on the right side and noise and light make me sick.
Red wines tend to really trigger one. Sulfates or not. Was told by Dr. that it may be the extra tannins that red wines have(even tho most wines do have a bit of tannin). Mine tend to be stress or over working my bad back triggered. the more I push myself the worse they end up being. But found the butter burr and tried it and found that even after one starts if I take a dose and then lay down and make sure that about every 6 hours I take another, they will decrease in severity or go away completely. They also make a mix of butter burr and fever few.
none of the prescription stuff even put a dent in the pain. and the side affects were worse.:sick