Miracle brand noodles opinions on ingredients please!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am looking a noodle to use in soups etc, my allergic child hates the brown rice noodles and a few others we have tried. I saw these on amazon and wondered if you have used them and if they are good. I cannot get this stuff local and hate to waste money since they are in a six pack. I have not heard of the "fiber" ingredient and wonder if these are not good for our bodies or what, I am getting desperate for a solution for this... TIA
http://www.miraclenoodle.com/variety.html

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Not a clue. Have you tried corn pasta or Quinoa pasta yet?
They are fabulous.
You can also go to your local Asian market and get rice noodles that are not at all like the brown rice pasta.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No corn and they don't like the quinoa any better! And we are really craving comfort food with noodles :D

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
sufficientforme said:
No corn and they don't like the quinoa any better! And we are really craving comfort food with noodles :D
:(
Try the Asian market then. At least those ingredients are known and understandable.

Say, what about buckwheat and teff?
Both are gluten free, and I have made teff noodles before.
Just be aware with the buckwheat noodles, to make sure they do not have added gluten.

As to the rice noodels in general, the Tinkyiada (sp?) brand is the best one out there. Never gooy if cooked right.
Cooking them in broth can really help as well.

morgj

Power Conserver
Reaction score
they look interesting...

They don't taste like wheat noodles or grain pasta. In fact, they have virtually no taste at all. They're made out of konjac root, the source for glucomannan, which is used as a natural fiber in some nutritional supplements. This root has traditionally been used throughout Asia as part of a healthy diet, so it's not new to the food supply.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/Review_400032_Miracle_Noodle_glucomannan_Konjac.html#ixzz1HdDMbPCB

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It's about an hour and a half to a decent sized city for me I need to just go and spend a day looking for new ingredients to try. Most of the ones we have tried that we have said were good had soy and one of our kids can't have that either!
Surprisingly I really liked the tinkiyada brand but not one other member of the family did, my husband gagged LOL.
It's hard when you can't use cheese or cream to hide the flavors and no eggs either :(
Maybe I can find a single pack in the city, I just was hoping some of you may have used it and could give me a heads up :D