Mississippifarmboy's Living Simple Journal, Ready for a Fresh Start.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Very rich! :) Fall is coming...my favorite time of year! I'd rather have a coop/place like yours than all the fancy coops I've ever seen. It suits my style to a "T". I love, love, love old construction, old barns and buildings and old houses. I'd rather live in one of those than any mansion on Earth...it just feels right to me.

I took a walk today too and was doing the same thing...breathing in the fresh air and thanking God for my life and the living of it.

mississippifarmboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks Bee. :)

I love fall too although spring I think is my favorite season when I see the first signs of green after a long dreary winter.

Life is good.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I like both fall and spring much better than winter and summer.

As for being rich, I heard this def awhile back, and I really like it. A rich person is not the person who has the most, but the one that needs the least. In the eyes of the world, the majority of the people on this board would not be considered to be rich, but poor. But in reality, those are the people who have the true riches.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I like that, Deb! I agree with it. I was just chuckling with my mother about the fact that I always get excited on the first cool night of the year because I get to break out my long, cozy nightgown~what a feeling! Oh, it's the little things that make us happy, isn't it? :D

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Yep. I know I was out all day once at a game show w/Misty. And, it was a damp day. I got home and the first thing I did was put on dry socks. I was quite thankful for them and felt better right away.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm a little late chiming in, but thank you for sharing your story.

My father in law had multiple heart attacks starting at age 48. Through the years he had many procedures to prolong his life. Through it all he managed to find the best of life and not only lived it, but shared it with others. He was one of the most generous people I have ever met, and the most appreciative. I think that facing your own mortality at an early age must change your whole perspective on life.

Speaking of rich... I have a short story. Easter has always been one of my favorite times. One year, about 10 years ago, I had planned on attending sunrise service only to have my plans short-circuited by a couple of my pygmy does. They decided to deliver on Easter Eve. I had been up all night - one doe delivered twins with no problems and the other, a first freshener, was carrying quads, but they were all tangled up. I got three of them out alive, but couldn't save the last one. As I sat cradling that little dead baby, exhausted and crying - the sun broke over the horizon. One of my best friends called my cell phone and asked if I was coming to service. I was so sad and so dirty and so tired that I told her I couldn't believe I had to miss service because of a goat! She was quiet for a moment and then said to me something that I'll never forget. She told me that I had not missed service at all - that I'd already had my Easter service when I had suffered through the sadness of death, but had witnessed the miracle of life. How can anyone be any richer?

I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

mississippifarmboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks, I really liked that story. I'd say that was a perfect example of life, death and rebirth.

Was just looking through some pictures from this spring. This picture if I remember right was taken the day I realized something was seriously wrong with me back in mid June. There is beauty in every thing if we just open our eyes and look to see it.

5413_img_0269.jpg

Lillian, not yet three years old wearing mud boots and a diaper picking blackberries at the edge of the grown up area at the rear of the farm. She had asked me "what that Daddy?" I explained what they were and let her taste one. She spend almost an hour picking them and eating them.

It's my desktop background right now. I smile every time I turn on the computer.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ahhhh, What a precious picture! It truly is the simple things in life that are the most precious. Watching a child grow, and having a part in molding them for the future is a straight-up gift!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
How I wish I could have had a place like that to raise my 2. I think it would have given them a much different outlook on life than what they have now.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Rich indeed, in day-to-day experiences and just living life :)

Beautiful image of your daughter, mmm blackberries!