mobile vertical garden wall?

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A while back I saw a pic either in a magazine or on the net of a wall garden. It was maybe 1 foot wide by 4 foot, and maybe 5 feet tall. It was built on wheels so it could be moved around on a deck or into and out of sunlight/shade. has anyone seen what I am talking about...and more importantly, where might I find pics. I am thinking of building one(or more). Any help would sure be appreciated.

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have never even heard of this, but I think it's a very clever idea.

You could get one of those do-hickys from home depot or somewhere that they sell all the plants out of.

It looks to be made of aluminum and is on wheels. Maybe you could get one and modify it? Would this be something like you have in mind!

Keep us posted please Tommy! You have definately piqued my interest

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I saw one in a magazine my mom saved from the 70's. :) I bet you could figure one out.

Hattie the Hen

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tommywalnuts said:
A while back I saw a pic either in a magazine or on the net of a wall garden. It was maybe 1 foot wide by 4 foot, and maybe 5 feet tall. It was built on wheels so it could be moved around on a deck or into and out of sunlight/shade. has anyone seen what I am talking about...and more importantly, where might I find pics. I am thinking of building one(or more). Any help would sure be appreciated.
:frow

Hi there,
Last year I started a thread on vertical gardens over on TEG:

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=25898&p=1

But I think this video on YouTube might be what you are looking for -- The How to Build bit is about half way through. It's from a UK Gardening programme but there are a lot of other videos in this section on various aspects of the subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsmunuWv8SE&NR=1

Good luck with your project. :D
***Please post a photo/s on the TEG thread, when & if you go ahead with it, as I know people over there will be interested as well as the people here.

Hattie

tommywalnuts

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'll definitly keep everyone posted. I was told by our towns beautification council at a gardening expo last month if I could come up with something, they thought it might be marketable. My boss is also interested in new sellable ideas. Plus I want one for myself!

I have been thinking about it all day. It has to be mobile, so it can't be terribly heavy. It also has to be rot resistant, as well as enviromentally friendly. I was thinking of using cedar for the structure...any suggestions there?

Thanks again for ya'lls input.

Latest posts